TTE/PTE & TTF/PTF 2018 Info

Greg G.

• National Staff

Hi Folks,

We have decided to continue the current format for PTE/TTE and PTF/TTF for 2018. Any potential changes should be minor as in previous rule revisions, but none are planned currently.

We are still working on TT5 replacing TTC and TTD for 2018 (and a corresponding name in PT) for 2018, and should have more information within the next week.

Awesome. Will be looking out for the update! I'm curious about what we'll be able to do with aero. Also, what the power to weight will be.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Folks,

We have decided to continue the current format for PTE/TTE and PTF/TTF for 2018. Any potential changes should be minor as in previous rule revisions, but none are planned currently.

We are still working on TT5 replacing TTC and TTD for 2018 (and a corresponding name in PT) for 2018, and should have more information within the next week.

Greg..........Any update?

Sometimes the week just drags...

Seriously though, I am looking at car transportation needs as well as car mods. I can drive to events now, but depending on rules, I may have to get a different set-up. There are a couple of trucks I would get at the moment, but I am sure more will pop up.

• National Staff

Sorry. We are attempting to get a draft of the 2018 revisions for the new class out by the end of the month. I've been waiting for input on the initial draft from some of the NASA Exec's.

However, the basic structure looks like a hybrid of PT and ST for the new class (TT5, PTx). If all goes as planned (and the bail-out is still unfortunately to keep everything the same one more year except for changing the Avg HP formula to 6 data points), then PTC and PTD will no longer exist. Current PTC cars can either be upgraded to ST4, or modified for the new class. As you will see, some would need to be detuned a bit or have weight added to make the new class. Current PTD cars "should" be able to go straight to the new class (based on Mod Factors still), or some could be detuned for PTE possibly.

Since there are additional Mod Factors for this class, this may not be very helpful info right now, but the current draft still has the OEM Aero +0.4 Mod Factor. It has no Mod Factor for a basic air dam/wing, and an additional +0.4 Mod Factor for a single horizontal front splitter, with no other Aero mods allowed (other than those legal under the OEM Aero rule). However, this is just a draft, and is subject to changes.

PTE/TTE/PTF/TTF will be staying the same for '18 as '17.

• National Staff

Also, the draft has a new Mod Factor for the better "R" tires that will not stop their use, but will help allow a wider selection of models/brands as we have in PT now.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. This is a huge undertaking, and nobody like to have to change classes, but I think it will have a great outcome. Thanks to you and everyone that is working on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...