n80

Clarification on new instructor certification.

n80

I saw a recent email update from NASA-SE that mentioned changes in the instructor certification. Now I can't find it. I took the instructor course with NASA-SE a year or so ago. Since then I've instructed with SE, MA and a Mustang club. I have no 'certificate' or any other proof that I'm an instructor. Mid Atlantic did not seem to care. I doubt I'll ever instruct outside of NASA-SE and MA or regional clubs here so I'm fine with the way things are.

I'm just wondering what the new requirements mean and how they affect those of us who have only take the instructor course once. Thanks.

jimbow

In the old days there was a form to fill out, get a picture, send it all in to national and they would send you an instructor card. I still have mine from then.

Wonder if its something similar now a days

n80

It was the same until recently. I have not bothered to do it. I had just seen a post or email from NASA-SE that said they had changed or streamlined the process, or decreased the full certification to just one clinic. I'm not clear on it. But, a friend of mine who has done one instructor clinic with NASA-MA wants to do the clinic at Roebling Road with SE next time they do it so we'll probably both do it then and be "fully" certified for whatever that might be worth. He got a hat and a t-shirt from NASA-MA. I'd at least like to get a hat or a t-shirt or something to prove that I'd done it.....

jimbow

Shoot I took Instructor II twice - just because I wanted to.

I would heartily recommend it. taking it once doesn't cover enough scenarios.