S2000 time trial classing?

outlawevans

I'm kinda confused on the time trail classing. (New to road course racing in general). Is there a stock "non roll cage" stock interior etc? I'm planning on getting a Honda S2000 to use for the seven socal events, and hopefully be competitive for the regional title for a stock class.

Bonus question: what about higher trim cars in classes ex. A Mazda speed miata I'm also looking at. Where would that class?

Also generally s2000s need at least a rollbar for most race tracks.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/forms/Convertibles_List.pdf is the list on the national website of the convertibles that pass NASA HPDE tech with stock rollover protection and the S2000 is on it. TT is HPDE not racing, so that applies here also. Unless the region or track has an additional rule that supersedes, of course.

I'm kinda confused on the time trail classing. (New to road course racing in general). Is there a stock "non roll cage" stock interior etc? I'm planning on getting a Honda S2000 to use for the seven socal events, and hopefully be competitive for the regional title for a stock class.

NASA does not use classing with "street classes". The TT1-4 are done per power to weight with adjustments. TT5 is coming for next year so keep an eye out for that ruleset when it's finalized. Depending on how TT5 looks, that's likely where a stock S2000 will fit.