Greg G.

PTC/TTC & PTD/TTD Update for '18

Greg G.

Update:

We are reworking the draft without using a vehicle model Mod. Factor, but some additional Mod Factors instead to help equalize the models.

The current (very tentative) plan, would be for TTC/PTC to be deleted, and for PT5/TT5 to take it's place. PTD/TTD would still be available as-is, but a competitor could chose to run in PT5/TT5 using the current PTD/TTD rules for the first year also.

This will take a bit of time to rework--we'll see how far we get this weekend. But, basically, at this point, it looks like if you are currently in PTD/TTD (and I already announced PTE/PTF/TTE/PTF at the end of June), then you can stick with the same rules for '18 if you want. I don't think there will be a huge amount of modifications or changes needed for current PTC/TTC cars to fit into PT5/TT5, but the option always remains to move to TT4/ST4.

Disclaimer: If this doesn't all work out very soon, I will recommend making no significant changes for '18 (and leave PTC/TTC as-is also).

bionicbelly

As a TTD'er, I am all about the move to a numbered class. I am just wondering though, with TTC being eliminated, and TTD staying, will there be a large jump in power to weight ratio for current TTD cars?

Also, thanks for doing this. The points system is great, and was better (imo) than anything else out there. This is a great evolution of that system, making for better racing. Thanks to all involved, I am sure it is a mountain of a task.

Snowmants

Just bumping for any further updates on TT5 rules. Thanks!