PTC/TTC & PTD/TTD Update for '18

Greg G.

• National Staff

Update:

We are reworking the draft without using a vehicle model Mod. Factor, but some additional Mod Factors instead to help equalize the models.

The current (very tentative) plan, would be for TTC/PTC to be deleted, and for PT5/TT5 to take it's place. PTD/TTD would still be available as-is, but a competitor could chose to run in PT5/TT5 using the current PTD/TTD rules for the first year also.

This will take a bit of time to rework--we'll see how far we get this weekend. But, basically, at this point, it looks like if you are currently in PTD/TTD (and I already announced PTE/PTF/TTE/PTF at the end of June), then you can stick with the same rules for '18 if you want. I don't think there will be a huge amount of modifications or changes needed for current PTC/TTC cars to fit into PT5/TT5, but the option always remains to move to TT4/ST4.

Disclaimer: If this doesn't all work out very soon, I will recommend making no significant changes for '18 (and leave PTC/TTC as-is also).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...