Is my area part of a region?

SavageHunter11

I am filling out my paperwork for our local 2018 autocross season and the Car Classification form asks me for my region. What region would South Dakota be in? We look to be too far north for the Central region, too far west for the Great Lakes region, and too far east for the Rocky Mountain region. What region am I technically part of or is my area not part of any region?

Some areas of the country have programs (autocross, rallycross, drifting) operating under NASA sanction/insurance/possibly classing, these are considered chapters as opposed to regions (which usually host HPDE/TT/roadracing) although they may or may not be inside existing regions. Classing paperwork is handled locally so whoever you are handing that form to will be able to figure it out

Some areas of the country have programs (autocross, rallycross, drifting) operating under NASA sanction/insurance/possibly classing, these are considered chapters as opposed to regions (which usually host HPDE/TT/roadracing) although they may or may not be inside existing regions. Classing paperwork is handled locally so whoever you are handing that form to will be able to figure it out

That makes sense. I would bet we aren't in a region but I will ask our chapter's administration. Thank you

• 2 months later...

The South Dakota NASA X chapter is considered part of NASA Central Region. We basically encompass KS, MO, NE, IA, SD, ND, MN from a standpoint of where our drivers are located.

However there are no set boundaries and you can choose to be part of any region you like.

Bryan Cohn

Chief of Driver Development

NASA Central

• 2 months later...

I would be awesome if there was a map on the nasaproracing site that showed how the different regions are laid out. I've frequently wondered what the boundaries are for each region.