2018 NASA Championships attendance

cadmad

In an effort to improve on our championship attendance please post your ideas here for discussion.

For starters I would suggest all regions hold no points scoring events within two weeks of any championship event. This has deterred me and others from attending this past years ESC.

I don't think we add points for the nationals in the NE. I don't see nationals added to any previous season points totals but do agree season points should be doubled and count for regional standings.

NASA SE awards double points for National championship, not sure this drives attendance. With 2018 being a true championship at COTA, Any reason to think we'll have an attendance issue?

Edited by Guest

Not sure we can put the interest of a region ahead of the National Champs event. NASA SE & MA have already published 2018 schedules.

Unfortunately some classes are simply not going to draw regardless of event location. I’m still of the opinion with 2018 being a single Champs event and at COTA, low turnout for any respective class is looking is likely representative of a class that will not draw regardless of efforts to increase car counts.

We had 30 in SM at Sebring. I’d be surmised if we do not see 50+ for COTA.

I'm not saying "put the interest of a region ahead of a national event" I'm saying put the interest in a region for a national event. Maybe it's too late for this year but there's always next year. Regions could easily schedule around the nationals and give points or double points for national events.

what if it were at Mid Ohio or VIR?

Regions should leave plenty of room in there schedules around the nationals so competitors won't be forced to run a regional events.

• 3 weeks later...

For me those tracks have the same issue as in the past - the time it takes just to get there and back.

Got no excuses now since several of the regional races are longer tows than COTA will be.

For me those tracks have the same issue as in the past - the time it takes just to get there and back.

Got no excuses now since several of the regional races are longer tows than COTA will be.

Well, for you maybe. COTA is a 23 hour tow each way for me. I still hope to make it but that's ALOT of time in the truck to get there!

(I realize every year there are going to be some people who are just too damn far away to make it)

• 4 weeks later...