2018 Championships

Cnsprcy

I know it's almost winter but never to early to start talking about championships in my view.

Let's start talking up the Championships at COTA next September. Here in Rocky Mtn. we've got the potential to bring 5-6 GTS2 guys, minimum i'm guessing. I'd love to see huge GTS fields. Curious if long-haul guys from Mid-Atlantic and California are coming.

• Members

Here in the NE we are in the early stages of planning a group trip. I am sure we will have a good representation in 2, 3 and 4 heading down to COTA.

Michael G.

GTS Nat. Dir.

• 2 months later...

Without knowing costs of registration it's hard to say. Right now most of MidA guys are assuming about $1800 for registration and getting quotes for transport there and back. So far not looking great. I think like 80% of the gts2 field has said they aren't doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Without knowing costs of registration it's hard to say. Right now most of MidA guys are assuming about $1800 for registration and getting quotes for transport there and back. So far not looking great. I think like 80% of the gts2 field has said they aren't doing it.

well that is a shame. Looks like NASA has an impossible dilemma choosing between one event centrally located and two events near each coast.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not an impossible dilemma. It's a matter of getting the price right. Make the entry fee low enough for people to afford the tow, the hotels, the tires AND the entry fee and people will show up.

It's like the artist at the farmers market. He has great looking paintings, but has them priced at $1,000 each. Maybe once a month he sells 1 painting. If he dropped he price, he'd probably sell multiple paintings each week and be much further ahead.

If NASA thinks they can charge in the range of $2k for a 3 or 4 day race weekend they are acting like the painter who never sells a print and then wonders why.

I am willing to pay a slight premium to go race a single National event at a great track. But NASA needs to remember that there are a shit ton of other costs that go into that race.

• National Staff
It's not an impossible dilemma. It's a matter of getting the price right. Make the entry fee low enough for people to afford the tow, the hotels, the tires AND the entry fee and people will show up.

It's like the artist at the farmers market. He has great looking paintings, but has them priced at $1,000 each. Maybe once a month he sells 1 painting. If he dropped he price, he'd probably sell multiple paintings each week and be much further ahead.

If NASA thinks they can charge in the range of $2k for a 3 or 4 day race weekend they are acting like the painter who never sells a print and then wonders why.

I am willing to pay a slight premium to go race a single National event at a great track. But NASA needs to remember that there are a shoo-shiddily-diddily ton of other costs that go into that race.

The registration cost is not going to be close to $2K for a race entry. I suppose if you start adding supersizing, test day, it could. I think that the registration page will be available in the next 2-4 weeks.

Here are the fees for the May Texas Regional 2 day event:

Racing and Time Trial

Saturday + Sunday - $1199

Friday Test Day - $499

HPDE

Friday $499

Saturday + Sunday - $899

I expect for racing to be a little higher than the two day Texas fees above

I expect TT to be similar to the HPDE fee above.

• 3 weeks later...

I am willing to pay a slight premium to go race a single National event at a great track. But NASA needs to remember that there are a shoo-shiddily-diddily ton of other costs that go into that race.

The registration cost is not going to be close to $2K for a race entry. I suppose if you start adding supersizing, test day, it could. I think that the registration page will be available in the next 2-4 weeks.

Here are the fees for the May Texas Regional 2 day event:

Racing and Time Trial

Saturday + Sunday - $1199

Friday Test Day - $499

HPDE

Friday $499

Saturday + Sunday - $899

I expect for racing to be a little higher than the two day Texas fees above

I expect TT to be similar to the HPDE fee above.

I very much hope that the registrar for the Championships will put out an entry list at least 90 days out instead of 30 days out. I race a GTS2 and GTS3 car and there are many advantages to the racers (read, Customers) in knowing who's attending with enough advanced notice as possible. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...