How prepared are most TT cars?

Your_Drunkle

Im considering building my car towards doing some TT events. It's a '99 Miata, so TTE (I think) if it matters. There are still several steps ahead of me before I get there but I am curious how prepared most TT cars are and if a car that is a street car (i.e. still has most of the interior, cruise control, and AC) would be able to be semi-competitive. I know PT cars are very heavily prepped, but is TT at the same level?

My TTE car does pretty well in the south-east and I still have a full interior. Bolt-ons for 130-135rwhp @2420lbs, OTS single-adjustable Xida coilovers, 15x9s w/ Hoosier R7s, sway-bars, stock ecu, no aero. Currently converting it for PTE, so the interior is being pulled to save weight gained from the cage.

So come on in, the water is fine!

There are some race cars to be sure, but there are lots of cars with full interior. I don't really know much about prepping a miata for a class, but I do not think TTE miatas have tons of modifications. Honestly, you will get more out of coming out to compete than prepping a car though. Come out, learn stuff, and enjoy.

Thanks everyone. I plan to do some HPDE events this year and most likely get my TT license. I need to put some work into the nut behind the wheel but I just wanted to know if I'd be at least in the game without a full race car if I go that way.

My TTE car does pretty well in the south-east and I still have a full interior. Bolt-ons for 130-135rwhp @2420lbs, OTS single-adjustable Xida coilovers, 15x9s w/ Hoosier R7s, sway-bars, stock ecu, no aero. Currently converting it for PTE, so the interior is being pulled to save weight gained from the cage.

So come on in, the water is fine!

That sounds light. I believe the cars are weighed with driver? I thought the car would be over 2500 lbs without removing a ton of stuff. Did you add a lot of lightness or is that just where it ended up?