DAV1968

First time HPDE at Sonoma Raceway

DAV1968

I signed up for my first HPDE event at Sonoma Raceway on March 17th, 2018. Will information on the event become available.

1. What time does it start? When do the gates open?

2. Will there be a spot for my gear? (Chairs, cooler, tools)

3. Are there concessions available?

geeveepee

About a week prior to the event you'll get an email with most of this information.

Gates open early, around 6am I think. Certainly by 7.

Yes there'll be room for your gear. The email will have a diagram of the paddock showing where you should park. It's expected that you take up only room for your track car, pop-up, and gear. Meaning if you tow your track car, you should park your tow vehicle and trailer in the dirt lots up top.

There's a cafe that serves breakfast and lunch but closes pretty early (3pm?).

Don't forget the BBQ if you're there on Saturday. Starts at six after the track goes cold. Cost is included in your entry free. Food, beer, wine, and usually margaritas.

MXDave813s

The last HPDE event we did had a 8 am meeting scheduled. Be on the lookout for all the meetings (one morning meeting and a debrief meeting following each of your sessions). I also recommend finding a location to tech your car before the event, will be one less line to stand in and allow you to fix anything needed. Keeps your day at a calm pace!

Have fun!

David

svenchen

my first time with NASA in a couple of weeks... can i get the Tech Inspection form signed off by any shop? I noticed there was a list of shops on a site somewhere but my car is going to be in for a track inspection at another shop anyways.

svenchen

nevermind found the flow chart from the last event.