Crashgnx

TT rules question

Crashgnx

I am under the impression that the ST rules are only used in TT for classification purposes, is this correct?

427R

From Greg G's posting on 11/29/17.

11/29/2017—NASA 2018 Super Touring 1-4 and Super Unlimited Rules Released!

The 2018 version of the NASA Super Touring 1-4 & Super Unlimited Rules will be posted in the next few hours on the NASA Rules page. https://www.nasaproracing.com/rules

As in past years, NASA Time Trial classing will mirror classing of the Super Touring and Performance Touring series, so TT drivers can use these rules for purposes of 2018 TT classing as well

bionicbelly
I am under the impression that the ST rules are only used in TT for classification purposes, is this correct?

Yes. Are you seeing something that you think wouldn't apply?

Crashgnx

Mainly looking for clarification of what safety rules apply to TT now. as far as I can tell, the car must pass HPDE tech unless a system is modified like seat belts or roll cage. Then that system must pass Competition spec for that system. Unless ive been informed incorrectly.

bionicbelly

I thought that was where it was going. Even if you do safety "mods" HPDE rules still apply. That said, It is probably best to get as close to the comp rules as possible. Belt angles, attachment points and so on.

Greg G.
Mainly looking for clarification of what safety rules apply to TT now. as far as I can tell, the car must pass HPDE tech unless a system is modified like seat belts or roll cage. Then that system must pass Competition spec for that system. Unless ive been informed incorrectly.

All safety rules like that are covered by the CCR, not the series rules.

TT rules follow HPDE safety tech. If a car is permitted in HPDE, it is permitted in TT.

Crashgnx

Thanks