S197 brake upgrades

Motox65

Hi, I'm new to the forum and while I may not end up competing in any Spec Iron events , it seems like a good guideline to develop a S197 for club racing. I'm new to road racing and I'm going to be using my 06 GT for driver instruction, licensing and generally any track time I can get this season. I'm posting in hopes of getting some advice or insight into developing the car as I transition it towards track use only and since SI runs close to stock under demanding conditions, I thought this would be a good place to ask. I plan to start out with essentially street tires, some Hawk R street performance pads , high temp fluid and cooling ducts. The question I have is, at what point does the stock ABS system become a limiting factor as I progress towards more aggressive pads and stickier tires? It seems the GT500 HCU and Control module (or M-2353 modules) are necessary with the SI brake and tire package, is this true or are some of you running successfully with the stock GT ABS? I'm wondering if I should consider these components earlier in the progression towards full race spec.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks for your comments. I have a set of Steeda street C/C plates , purchased before I found Spec Iron, I think they are only good for a couple degrees adjustment total. What would be considered a good baseline alignment for the track? I understand this can be a subjective spec.