Ev

Supps

Ev

I am unable to find the "supps" link on the MA web site mentioned in the info for "racers" document. Hep!

juliancates
I am unable to find the "supps" link on the MA web site mentioned in the info for "racers" document. Hep!

http://www.nasaracing.net/wp-content/uploads/ma-supp-ccr-2018.pdf

To get to it from their site, go to Rules from the main menu bar and then select 2018 Regional CCR.

Enjoy!

Ev

http://www.nasaracing.net/wp-content/uploads/ma-supp-ccr-2018.pdf

To get to it from their site, go to Rules from the main menu bar and then select 2018 Regional CCR.

Enjoy!

Much thanks.

getfast

It's also linked from the top of the Schedule/Results page and the drop-down menu under "Contact" - I thought it was easy enough to find but was perhaps wrong

Sincerely,

dude who put all those links on there

jimgood

Now that the supps have been located...

The rain light rule is confusing with respect to the products that are linked. Neither of the descriptions for the lights (Afterburner or Lifeline) says that the flashing feature can be turned off. But the rule says:

FIA lights and taillights must function as follows:

FIA lights must be steady ‘on’ during entire time on track.

FIA lights will not be flashing.

FIA lights must be on the exterior of the vehicle with nothing obstructing the led’s (may not be

behind glass, lenses, plastic lenses, etc.)

Taillights must be steady ‘on’ during entire time on track.

Taillights must illuminate brighter than steady on when driver is using brakes.

So, does someone know if the flashing feature can be turned off on these or whether we're just ignoring the "no flashing" rule, or we simply gave those as examples and there are others that don't flash we should look for?

Ev

Afterburner has a steady burn mode and a flashing mode. Depends on which wire you use to power it.

jimgood
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply, Bill.

Edit: For those that are thick like me, I believe the way to meet the rules in the supplementals is to wire the Afterburner "brake light" (which doesn't flash) as steady on, i.e. constant 12v power and NOT wired to the vehicle's brake light switch. Then don't wire power to the "rain light" at all. So, my interpretation would be to wire the Afterburner "brake light" into the vehicle's tail light circuit.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pdfs/AfterburnerRainLight.pdf

Edited by Guest

Ev
Edit: Ok, so we should wire only the "brake light" (which won't flash) and it should be on all the time, i.e. not connected via the car's brake light switch AND we should use the OEM tail/brake lights?

This. ^^

Switch to brake light wire.