Nissan 240sx HICAS Question

BAKERrps13

I have dicussed this many times with people who question my class and have heard people say different things or maybe they just dont understand.

Basically, my 1991 Nissan 240sx is a base model that has coilovers and a catback exhaust. But I also added a VLSD and rear sway bar from a HICAS (AWS) version of my car (same year and same class). If I counted these as an added limited slip and changed sway bar I would be bumped up to F. I run in G class because these parts are still from the same make and model that, if I had it, would be in the same class.

I have talked to many people but competitors with other cars question me. If anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure you just asked a question or not

Are you asking should you be bumped up into F or not based on parts you added to your car (the kicker being these parts came off a car that is in your same class - and even more is the same model car)?

I'll venture a guess that says you'll probably be able to stay in the same class unless the model of 240 the sway bar and diff came off of is heavier and would therefore be at a disadvantage compared to your non-HICAS model. Depending on what group you are in and how well you can argue the point these parts are legal on a similar car you may find you can stay in F. You are running in TT, right? This may sound strange, but I know those groups can be a little pickier than the race goups when it comes to mods.

There may be something akin to Honda Challenge next year for Nissans that will include all Nissans, so the SE-R Cup won't be the only option if you're one of those nutty Nissan guys (like me!) and want to race.