Greg G.

Goodbye to PT after 2018!

Greg G.

The last NASA event for the PTD, PTE, and PTF classes (and TTD/E/F) is scheduled to be at Sebring on December 16th, 2018. Unless another event is added to the schedule between December 16th and 31st, we will be saying goodbye to these classes at that time after a 13 year run (15 years for TTD/E/F)! The addition of ST6 and TT6 to the rules will complete our transition to Dyno based classing for all except the Unlimited vehicles. It will leave us nice and trim, with a total of 6 classes in ST and TT, plus the Unlimited class in each. The Provisional 2019 ST6/TT6 rules will be posted in the next few days, giving our drivers the biggest lead/build time ever in this series.

I've been the National Director from the start to the finish, and I want to thank all of you who started out with us in our first season of Performance Touring in 2006 and have stuck with the "letter" classes (PTA-PTF). We will certainly best the 15 year run with the "number classes" that already have 12 years in Super Touring (began with ST1 and ST2 in 2007).

JamesMilko

Thank you for everything.

And I'll be the first to ask. When are the rules coming out.

whoahstu
The Provisional 2019 ST6/TT6 rules will be posted in the next few days, giving our drivers the biggest lead/build time ever in this series.

To be fair, the other classes had a entire year of concurrent racing before their letter class was eliminated for the numerical.

Also, based on car count, this is the biggest conversion, especially for our region.

Compound this with the NASA section width rule and this leaves a lot to be changed before next season.

Nearly everyone in my region would have been fine with running the PTE ruleset for 2019 in preparation for ST6.

arsprod
The Provisional 2019 ST6/TT6 rules will be posted in the next few days, giving our drivers the biggest lead/build time ever in this series.

To be fair, the other classes had a entire year of concurrent racing before their letter class was eliminated for the numerical.

Also, based on car count, this is the biggest conversion, especially for our region.

Compound this with the NASA section width rule and this leaves a lot to be changed before next season.

Nearly everyone in my region would have been fine with running the PTE ruleset for 2019 in preparation for ST6.

+1, would be nice to have a year of concurrency for those who aren't ready to make car changes

Greg G.

+1, would be nice to have a year of concurrency for those who aren't ready to make car changes

We anounced this over a year ago.

1jeffcat

The change yes, but rules are not a full year, which would it would be nice to have another contingency year of E/F concurrently with ST6, similarly to ST5 and D in some regions. With that said, I greatly appreciate the ST/TT6 rules coming out much earlier than the 5 rules, as I know it's a big undertaking for you guys.