Sign in to follow this  
Salvisol

Any possibility of a ST7/TT7 ?

Salvisol

Is there any plans to make a ST7/TT7 for the folks that ran TTF/PTF?

I see the rules for ST6 and the new horsepower requirement of 17:1 is much closer to PTE than it is to PTF. It seems like there is no longer a home for the people that ran TTF/PTF and were perfectly fine at that cost level.

whoahstu
Is there any plans to make a ST7/TT7 for the folks that ran TTF/PTF?

I see the rules for ST6 and the new horsepower requirement of 17:1 is much closer to PTE than it is to PTF. It seems like there is no longer a home for the people that ran TTF/PTF and were perfectly fine at that cost level.

The reason for ST6 was to combined PTE and PTF. 17:1 plus the A-arm hit puts the pw:wt right smack dab in the heart of most PTE Miatas that vastly overpopulate PTE. PTE cars with fwd credits and and less than ideal suspensions were allowed to run down into the 15+:1 range. 17:1 fits the majority of PTE cars and lures in the PTF cars to make a little more power.

Salvisol

I understand that former PTF cars can be powered up to compete. That's assuming drivers want to spend the money to power up. It's not the cheapest thing on some cars to power up. Some people might not want to take on that extra expense.

I'll admit that TTF/PTF was one of the classes I was looking at because it offered the cheapest cost to TT and W2W.

I'm not an active racer or time trialer. It would be great to get some feedback from some current TTF/PTF guys.