FS: Miata Race Car 1.8L $10,900 obo

Robb373

Hello-

I am selling my Miata Race car as I am moving to the Global platform. I purchased this car about 4 years ago which was being run in Spec Miata and then STL when I purchased it. I purchased it to run at Spring Mountain Motorsports Club in Pahrump Nv in the Miata club race program. I ran about 6 races prior to needing shoulder surgery which put me out for about 2 years and got it up to a podium runner before parking it for surgery.

Competition was pretty stiff in the Miata club racing and after a couple mid pack finishes out of 20 cars I updated some bushings, added the Flying Miata X Bracing, Frog Bracing and Racing Beat Headers and full exhaust to come back and be a consistent top 4 finisher till I had to have surgery. Now pretty much everyone has moved on to the Global cars which run slicks and are super fast so I am a couple seconds off the already fast average pace. If we could run slicks in the miata class I could battle with them, but they have us on BFG Rival street tires which are very slow. BFG R1 slicks are about 4-5 seconds faster....

Car was originally red, but I repainted exterior in a more slate grey color. In my 4 years of ownership I put about $6K into the car to make it the super quick car it is today!

I took the dashboard out to save weight, but it is included in the sale- I added passenger side ballast for better balance instead of the dash up high.

Car could run any track day and be very quick out there or could be run in SCCA STL I believe. A few stock parts would have to be removed for Spec Miata, but it is far closer to spec than a street car!

Harnesses are not in date, but I can source any at dealer cost if you like ( I have lots of dealer accounts for parts), but I also think I have a harness with a year or two left on them that I can toss in. Windscreen has a chip as you can see in the photo's from a rock coming up at the last race, but it did it's job and protected me.... new ones are easy and cheap to come by.

Inspections are always welcome, car is a blast and offered at a fraction of the build cost and sold as-is.

Car comes with wheels you can see on the rack in the photo with the new Toyo tires mounted to them.... wheels/ tires on car in photo and an extra set are available separately.

Please read the build info below-

thanks for looking.

Robb

Build Specs-

1990 tub

1999 1.8l engine +electrical harness

NB MSPNP ecu

Square top intake manifold

Racing Beat 4-1 Header

Racing beat Sport Connector Pip

Racing Beat Race Pipe

Racing Beat Power Pulse Muffler

Custom intake

CX racing big radiator

Bigger aftermarket front "sway bar"

Mazdaspeed 14mm rear "sway bar"

Adjustable end links front and rear

Tein coil overs

Flying Miata X Brace Kit

Master suspension bushing kit

Frog Arm frames stiffening brackets

4.3 Torsen LSD with bushings

Front Sport brake upgrade

Wilwood proportional valve

Quick release steering

Schroth Racing Harness

Schroth center net

G force window net

Recaro Profi SPG seat

Upgraded sheet metal for square floor and tunnel

6 pt roll cage with padding

Long acre master kill switch

Long acre ignition switch panel

Sampson communication radio

Wink style rear view mirror

oil pressure warning light

M tuned coolant reroute

Removable roof

New Westco Miata Battery

car will be sold with a new set of Toys RA1 Tires and wheels pictured on rack one the car.

GPS Data Logger is included in sale

Digital Air Fuel Gauge

Extra brake pads included in sale

Sale includes dash which was removed to save weight

Transponder is NOT included

Available separately for sale to Buyer:

8- 15x8 6UL 949 racing wheels @ 11lbs each! $340/ set

1 set of used Rival tires (one race) $150

1 set of NEW rival tires $300

vehicle is located at the Spring Mountain Motorsports club in Pahrump, Nv. Shipping/ pickup is the buyers responsibility, but I will be happy to assist.

I couldn't figure out how to get a picture attached to this post, so here is the eBay link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/332807195229/url]

thanks

Robb

• 3 years later...