ST5 & ST6 2019 Official Rules

Greg G.

15 hours ago, 1jeffcat said:

Our miata weighs 2180lbs.  

Go to points or TTE* build is around 2430lbs, though. Pretty sure that's what he was getting at.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, cabowabo said:

Go to points or TTE* build is around 2430lbs, though. Pretty sure that's what he was getting at.

Ours is points.

1 hour ago, 1jeffcat said:

Ours is points.

Ok. The point is THE build for TTE was 99 points build running heavy (2400+) with around 140+whp. After that it was TTE* reclass around 2430/136. Podium at champs was a to the rules built NB1 points build around 141whp, a NB2 reclass, and my 97 TTE* reclass (2430/136). Two of those running OEM sways to make room for hoosiers, but I think the NB2 went a different route. Other builds work, but the accepted formula was running somewhat heavy with power and exploiting peak WHP as much as possible. For instance, I tuned on e85 before champs to make 136whp from about 6k to fuel cut at 7.2k. With a proper motor I would have made my 136whp even earlier. 

Edited by cabowabo

13 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Ok. The point is THE build for TTE was 99 points build running heavy (2400+) with around 140+whp. After that it was TTE* reclass around 2430/136. Podium at champs was a to the rules built NB1 points build around 141whp, a NB2 reclass, and my 97 TTE* reclass (2430/136). Two of those running OEM sways to make room for hoosiers, but I think the NB2 went a different route. Other builds work, but the accepted formula was running somewhat heavy with power and exploiting peak WHP as much as possible. For instance, I tuned on e85 before champs to make 136whp from about 6k to fuel cut at 7.2k. With a proper motor I would have made my 136whp even earlier. 

Depends on the track, although I will admit, a power build is the preferred choice at a track like COTA. 

As a point of reference, I will be running at Summit Point on November 10/11 in ST5, but to the current rules of ST6 as a test. I will report my findings.  Anybody here attending the event, please feel free to swing by my bus for discussions.  I am looking forward to a healthy ST6 field in mid Atlantic for ‘19.

• Greg G. unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Any consideration for the 2.5L Nissan Sentra's participating in TT6/ST6?

There are a few 2.5L Sentra's active in the SE and Florida Region.

Seems silly to advance them to TT5/ST5. M3's and S2000's are 5 seconds quicker at most SE tracks.

In ST6 trim at Summit Point, we were at comparable lap times to PTE.  It was cold but not a lot of grip, so I think I left about a second on the table.

Our fast lap was 1:28.8 and average was in the 1:29’s.  My guess is our 944 will be similar for 2019.

Mid Atlantic has around 10 cars for ST6 it appears.  We lost a couple to ST5 with the 18:1 rule, but it looks like with the inclusion of 944’s, we will have a good crowd.  

We are doing a combined event with Great Lakes in ‘19 so that should be a good field.

My son is also building an sT5 E36 so we are looking forward to seeing that field grow as well.  

Edited by JH36
Attached to quote mistakenly

On 11/16/2018 at 5:52 AM, JH36 said:

My son is also building an sT5 E36 so we are looking forward to seeing that field grow as well. 

You meant to say "GTS2" right?

On 11/21/2018 at 9:01 AM, Ev said:

You meant to say "GTS2" right?

We shall see!  Technically he could go either way so it depends on where he feels he will be a better fit with a non-M3. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • National Staff
On 12/21/2018 at 10:45 AM, zxc4 said:

Bump for the non m 2.5 e36 question,  this was F** base previously

It was considered and denied for '19 (a few months ago).