NOV. 12-13 AT BUTTONWILLOW. WHO'S GOING?

billpennock

Because not all of us have the resources to borrow a car. You breaky you no racy!!!

Heh heh! Yes, no racy. But your right, well, at least that's my concern, is not everyone can get a replacement car?

P.D.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• PeanutinCA

• billpennock

• 944-Spec#94

I'm not taking it personally but this means if your car breaks you should get a DNS. Period. Because not all of us have the resources to borrow a car. You breaky you no racy!!!

If your car breaks and you have a "Spare car" ... 100% legal.

Why should you not get points? I know few folks have the resources to bring a spare car, but if you race car a that is legal you should get points. It does not mater to me where the car came from our who owns it. Show-up to grid in a legal car and you will get points.

Now if we start seeting people created "qualfying" cars that a different from the "race" car then we should address that, but that is a very different situation.

Letting any car other than a 944 spec car earn points in a 944 spec race is pretty iffy. I would not have allowed it in NASA racing.

Here's my take if we come across it in a NASA sanctioned race.

I would allow a 944 to run for points if it were "UNDER SPEC" and still met all the safety rules. For instance, like Joe said, a car on non-sticky street tires, or a car without the full spec suspension. My feelings right now are that if it wasn't a 944, I wouldn't even consider it. If it were an "OVER SPEC" 944, no way. No points.

Make sense?

Pete is a really nice guy. I would have told Dwain to find a GSR legal car or take no points. And no, not just because it's Dwain.............

So who else can we bring with us to BUTTONWILLOW!?

You know what? This thread has become too long .................... I'll start a new one with the attendance list at the top.

Seems to me if your gonna have a spec you need to have a spec. Not up to spec in suspension just means the car hasn't taken advantage of everything available. Not on spec tires though isn't an "up to toyo ra1's" it's a "we race on Toyo RA1s". Wrong tires no points. Run for fun but no points. I have a friend who's hood blew over the top of his Miata and broke the rear window. They let him run but not for points, not negative, not positive just he's out there. In his case he is a mid packer anyway in the Miata, he used to have a Datsun 240z and the Miata he bought is definitely underpowered, so he would have no effect on the leaders. I think if you might affect the leaders then you have to have the class to stay out of the way but hey, racing is racing on that one. Backmarkers affect the leaders all the time so non-point's people might also.

Actually I just thought about it. Does it mean I could fly out to Sears today, borrow a red group car and run for last place points in GSR to gain some points back on Dwain (who didn't make it out there this weekend). If nobody else is there for GSR, I'd be gaining a free 20 points back on him. Not really ideal is it?

P.D.