SergioMarron

Brake Pad Brand and material.

SergioMarron

Hello.

I have an 95 Civic Coupe (upgraded 15/16 brake master cylinder and I will be doing the ITR caliper and Mini Cooper front 11" disks brake upgrade.

Because of brake upgrade I need recommendations on brake pads. Car will have limited street use and mostly high performance track sessions...

Please give brand recommendations and experience on longevity...

Thanks.

Lucid Moments

I used to use Hawk HP+ on my street/track toy civic when I was still running it and was pretty satisfied with them.  It has been a long time so I honestly don't remember how long they lasted.

• Thanks 1

Roman V.
2 hours ago, SergioMarron said:

Hello.

I have an 95 Civic Coupe (upgraded 15/16 brake master cylinder and I will be doing the ITR caliper and Mini Cooper front 11" disks brake upgrade.

Because of brake upgrade I need recommendations on brake pads. Car will have limited street use and mostly high performance track sessions...

Please give brand recommendations and experience on longevity...

Thanks.

We run HAWK HT-10 up front(https://www.hawkperformance.com/ht-10) on our race car(96 Saturn SC2 - PTE/TTE). Works great and lasts the whole season of sprint racing, endurance, and time trial. Great pedal feel and easy to modulate. 

• Thanks 1

Calif_Kid

On my race car (2000 Honda Civic hatch with 11" front rotors, ~2500 lbs with driver, 180whp), for a while I was running Carbotech XP10 pads in the front and AX6 in the rear, and I liked the feel.  I'm not sure how well they would do on the street.  The Carbotech compounds are listed at http://ctbrakes.com/brake-compounds.asp and they don't recommend the XP10 pads for the street, but maybe give the combo a try.  - Jim

• Thanks 1