Sign in to follow this  
mdotmurphy

Annual Tech - help out a newb

mdotmurphy

I've finished my ST5 Miata build, and I'd like to get an annual inspection before the first 2019 event.  Do I have to use one of the certified shops from the regional website, or can I take it to a local race prep shop?  I'm in Oklahoma City, so Austin's a pretty long haul for an inspection. 

Is it safe to assume that the annual tech is based on calendar year, and not a rolling 12 months? 

Any other advise for getting a new car tech'd would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Firouz H.

welcome to Nasa Texas,  the annual inspection is per year so you need a 2019 inspection on your car at the first race of the year,  yes it is a long drive to dallas or Austin. you can have your car inspected at the first race in MSRH in late jan. 2019. dyno test is also available there. the tech barn is open Friday am and it is a very busy time of the year so if you plan on having it do there plan to be there early. the head of the inspection (HANK) is a great guy and very helpful and knows the rule book well.  if you plan on coming to the jan. event I would get it done there. if I can answer any additional questions fell free to contact me.

see you soon

Texas ST group leader

Firouz Haghighi

817 233 6344

mdotmurphy

Thanks Firouz!  I'll just plan on doing this in Houston.  Maybe I'll have a local shop do an unofficial pre-inspection.  I'm just nervous about towing a fresh build 8 hours just to be benched for something simple. 

By the way, is there an estimated date for that January event? 

Cheers, 

MM

Firouz H.

mm ,  if there is issue with your car during the 2019 inspection the chief insp. will make a note in your new nasa issued log book so you can make that correction for the next event. you

take care

firouz