GSR tub Type-R motor what class

acurasquirrel

Why bash up Type R bodies?

Its just a car...

If you bend the rules one way a little, someone else is going to say "well why cant you bend them a little further for me?". The rulebook shouldnt be changed to accomodate someone who's got an uncompetitive car either (500 lbs overweight or what not).

I love you guys! I really do. Lets keep this going for as long as we can.

Nobody else who has commented on this thread is a Group Leader. I am. I have discussed this with Ryan, who is the National Leader. We are in agreement on this issue in regards to the spirit & the letter of the rules.

Ryan is as high up the food chain as it gets for HC rules decisions. This has already been decided.

• 2 years later...

Hey, looks like someone already went through half of this debate for me!

In the unlikely event that H2 competition dries up and H2/H3 can't get combined... (and I need to get out of HU anyway)

Are the ITR/GSR/LS/RS shells considered equivalent?

The chassis stiffening (or ballasting) advantage of the ITR shell is completely negated by the open cage rule, that allows any chassis stiffening, any plate size, and any number of additional mounting points.

With that, I can "ballast" and "stiffen" an LS shell to be the same as an ITR shell. So can I use an ITR shell in H2 with LS/RS running gear (motor, tranny, suspension bits?)

-Chris

I think you can run a gsr ls rs shell in H2 as a ITR

but not a ITR shell as a GSR for H3 or a ls rs for H4.

I think you're right. Too bad, they ought to be "equivalent".

IIRC, Brian Shenfeld (sp?) ran such combination in 2004, and was classed in H2. Maybe just for one race I'm not sure.

IMO it should not be qualified as H2 even though the argument of "downgrading" chassis might sound valid. Because, all other Integras run on 4-lug with smaller brakes, that's brake "modification" right there. It might sound like a disadvantage, but it allows the car to run 14" tires: shorter gearing, cheaper tires, lighter unsprung weight, etc.

So unless the swap is completed down to the brakes, I would not agree classing it in H2.

you would have to run the type r brakes even with GSR tub and engine. Under the body swap rule to be legal. You could not run gsr brakes and a type r engine without being in h1.