2 Drivers 1 Car

IvanS4

Hi,

I'm thinking about signing up for the Limerock, CT HPDE and would like to know if its a bad idea to have two drivers share a car for the day. Is this going to work if we are both in the same class or is it better if we are different classes? Is this just a tricky thing to do logistically? Would we have to split the 4 sessions each into just 2 sessions?

Thanks,

Canth

If your in the same class your time would be cut in half and my guess is you'd have to pay for two people

Different classes would be OK though? Here's the deal - I have a little autocross experience and I've driven Limerock in Formula cars at a Skip Barber event. I know the proper line to run around the track and am fairly proficient at heel-toe shifting/braking. My car is an '01 Audi S4 chipped, otherwise mostly stock. Would it be reasonable for me to run HPDE 2 considering that I know both my car and the track fairly well, although not at the same time? That way my friend could use the car for HPDE 1 and we wouldn't spend double the money for half the track time.

There should be no problem with using the same car in different classes. However, I would check the schedule for the event. In Oh/In region we run groups together sometimes, so there is a chance HPDE 1 & 2 might be on track at the same time....which means one of you would still be missing out on track time.

There should be no problem with using the same car in different classes. However, I would check the schedule for the event. In Oh/In region we run groups together sometimes, so there is a chance HPDE 1 & 2 might be on track at the same time....which means one of you would still be missing out on track time.

Thanks. Where can I check the schedule for the event? Do I get that when I sign up for the event or is it too early?

I'm assuming your region would be NorthEast. You could try posting this to that forum. The schedule for the event might not be available yet but someone might know if the events for that region normally run the HPDE groups together. Also try going to the main site and see if your region has it's own webpage. Schedules might be listed there.

Main NASA site is:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/

If your in the same class your time would be cut in half and my guess is you'd have to pay for two people

Different classes would be OK though? Here's the deal - I have a little autocross experience and I've driven Limerock in Formula cars at a Skip Barber event. I know the proper line to run around the track and am fairly proficient at heel-toe shifting/braking. My car is an '01 Audi S4 chipped, otherwise mostly stock. Would it be reasonable for me to run HPDE 2 considering that I know both my car and the track fairly well, although not at the same time? That way my friend could use the car for HPDE 1 and we wouldn't spend double the money for half the track time.

Here in Arizona HPDE1 and 2 are run togather. Plus no matter how much expeirance you have they wont let you right into HPDE2... It may only take on session but still.

Here in Arizona HPDE1 and 2 are run togather. Plus no matter how much expeirance you have they wont let you right into HPDE2... It may only take on session but still.

Roger that. Thanks for the heads up.

So, would that also apply to license holders? We don't have our NASA comp licenses yet, but we do have our SCCA comp licenses and are planning to "transfer" them to NASA licenses. If we can't go straight to HPDE 3 it's going to be a problem, since the RX-7 isn't set up for a passenger seat and the Baby Grand can't take one at all.

So, would that also apply to license holders? We don't have our NASA comp licenses yet, but we do have our SCCA comp licenses and are planning to "transfer" them to NASA licenses. If we can't go straight to HPDE 3 it's going to be a problem, since the RX-7 isn't set up for a passenger seat and the Baby Grand can't take one at all.

Pretty sure if you have a SCCA racing license you can just transfer over to NASA Comp.License. At the least you will be required to start in the back for your first race and possibly go through some of the Comp.School.

I ran HPDE 2 in my Legend at first and did a lead/follow with an instructor. This is how we handle one seaters in Oh/In. If you require further instruction (and I'm assuming you won't) either plan on riding along with an instructor or bringing something with a 2nd seat. After all....you can HPDE almost anything!

I've also seen our director evaluate new guys by just letting them go by themselves and watching their performance from the starter's stand or corner stations. Regardless I wouldn't worry about it Cap...

I dont know... i know this has been brought up before but i dont remember the results. I know they have a solution for it.. i dont work for NASA or anything either.