New to the board, hello

Big Money Mike

Hello,

My name is Mike, and no, I dont have lots of money as my user name implies. Its a nickname that I ended up using on all the messageboards that I visit. Anyway, Im building an 87 Firebird to road race at Nashville Superspeedway's in field roval and Im hoping the NASA chapter that puts on the events there will include CMC. Nice to meet all of you.

Mike Breen

Hey! Someone responded! Woo Hoo! Im a Fbody man. Im building a 87 Firebird for racing right now. Im half way through a motor swap. V6 is out, 305 is going in. It will be ready to run when my NASA region starts racing again in the spring at Nashville Superspeedway.

Mike

I'm building a fast ford for the CMC. Does anyone have any tips on how I can make it a winning car for under $2,000? Thank you in advance. SUPER(FORD)MAN

Hey now, that's not funny, I like Fords, and MINE(1999 'Stang GT) is plenty fast. It's running a Vortech Supercharger with 390 HP and when i get my K&N Filtercharger, it should run around 410-415, i ran 170 thursday night at the local racing circuit but man, i like chevys, although it's not like Fords arent fast....

[ This Message was edited by: MuStAnG tAmEr on 2001-10-20 15:26 ]

Mustang Tamer:

Dont be expecting 10-15hp from the K&N. You'll actually be lucky to see 3-5hp increase. To get a good idea of what kind of increase you'll get from a new part, take what the manufacturer claims and cut it in half. But, its the sum of the parts thats makes the difference!

Mike

On 2001-10-19 17:13, SUPER(FORD)MAN wrote:

I'm building a fast ford for the CMC. Does anyone have any tips on how I can make it a winning car for under $2,000? Thank you in advance. SUPER(FORD)MAN

What are you starting out with as far as a vehicle. If we know we might be able to help you a bit better. $2k is not a-lot to work with but something can be done I am sure..

Clue us in..

Kevin