What a great weekend!

bsim

...right up to the point my motor let go in race #3, that is.

This rookie had a great time meeting the NASA folks (who ran a great event) and the CMC fellas (who were even better). What an awesome group of people. And that Califonia Speedway facility - WOW!

I had a few good battles, with Per, Al, Pat, and the #7 Mustang (sorry missed the name). Great close racing.

Special thanks to Nick Steele, Al Fernandez, Mike Plum for giving me advice on car preparation and welcoming me into the series.

See you at Thunderhill (if the motor's done by then)!!!

-Brad Simpson

Brad

I agree that it really was a great weekend. And had a great time running with you. Bummer about the engine ( trust me I know the feeling...) Maybe you should stay off that Nitrous button next time.!

Hope you get car back together before Thunderhill.

And congratulations to Nick for FINALLY winning. (And need to rebuild his engine before T-hill). Greg R was fast (until a piston let go....), But he sure put on the greatest BBQ/Bench racing session Saturday night I ever experienced in CMC. Tony was the fastest Mustang ( Until he had engine problems...)... Well, unfortunately more broken cars than we are used to see..

And as I write this...Our No-Cal competitors is still somewhere out there on I-5 heading north.. Hope you all made it home OK..

Per

What an amazing weekend!! The facilities were top notch and there was a lot of close racing.

Congratulations to our winners; Nick and Dave, great work guys, this track required a well prepared car and nerves of steel (pun intended).

We welcomed a new crop of rookies who did an outstanding job, looks like its going to be a very competitive season.

Mike

What a fun place that was...until once again I blew another motor.Wonder why is it that I have 5 CMC cars that I sold that are out there running fine,but everytime I get a new one it blows up??I must be a sucker.

Attention NICK STEEL..when my motor actually makes it through a race,and my temp in my head is under 102, your freaking Chevy is going to be sucked up my intake and spit out my X pipe!

Kidding aside, Nick and I ran within inches on the oval from start to finish and I'm sure all of us had the same experience with someone out there,and what a thrill it was!

Congrats to Nick Steel,Dave Morin for their wins !

We are all glad Perry Kincy is fine with no injuries after flipping his car.

Points, results, etc are being worked on and I will post them this week.

Thanks!

Tony..Sorry I was sick

• Members

How about the most commonly heard question on saturday..."how long did it take you before you kept your foot in through the banking?" What a ride!! As Mike put it, I have a new found respect for those roundy round guys. This weekend was a great way to step into the series. Everyone hanging out together and helping each other out was fantastic and the racing was just unbelievable.

Hey Tony...you might want to consider shifting below 7 grand. My 2nd-5th shift pattern sure keeps my motor from blowing up.

Al,

You did a great job as all the newbies did,and by the way I was shifting a eight grand not seven!

In was sitting in the stands watching You,Little,Van Wagenen,Gregory....

You know what I'm getting at..Damn

Tony

Tony

I realized all the drivers you mentioned was driving cars previously owned by you . ( and not broken) . Maybe you should keep a car for a change.

Per,

There's a different way to look at the Tony's car situation. All of Tony's former cars are running well in the hands of others. These same cars had major engine failures in Tony's posssesion. Leads you to some possible conclusions:

1. Tony has a nack for picking cars ready to blow

2. Or maybe Tony has a nack for blowing engines

3. Tony rebuild them well enough so they don't blow again

4. Tony has really bad luck

5. or some combination of the above

Mike

Mike..

lets look at it like this..

The only time I ever seen Tony beat by one of his own "ex" cars is by Don C. ( good luck in WC) Tony just pushes it a little harder than most drivers and therefore breaks more stuff.

( Jeff T....our "founder" please come back and bring the good old Mustang at least once this year and show some of the rookies your driving style)

And let me put it this way. CMC is a great way to move up ( NOT into AI) . Our last few champions have all moved on to very successful Pro-racing efforts.. ( The Trask/Bomarito class win..close to overall win) In Grand-Am cup in 2001..etc..

We are all involved in a fantastic class and 2003 will be the best CMC year ever.

Per, the #12 Mustang will be up front to represent the Mustangs this season!

Mike Plum, I think you are on to something here!

Great job to all the rookies.

Erick V., remember: a Camaro is twice as big and heavy as a Pro 7 and takes a bit more to stop it!

Thanks for making the big drive everyone. Think of us as we drive the 12 hours to Thunderhill!

Greg R.

#12 Mustang

OK,I'm going to fix this one too,but then I'm going to keep it for sure.So the test is on..will she blow after I fix it??

Per is right, this may be the cheap class to run,but I'll bet anyone that we have the best drivers of any series as a whole.The close competition makes you a superior driver.

By the way, the A/I drivers were great to run with also, so I give them some well deserved respect .

They are the perfect class to run with and I'm glad its with them and no one else.

Tony

Right on Tony - yes, I too like running with AI. After having my share of track time with Wabbits, RX7s and the like, I prefer the AI group by far! Thank you Tony for making that possible, and thanks to all of us for running with NASAs biggest and best class!

What speeds were you guys hitting on the oval? I stopped by and watched one of the races, it looked like a ton of fun. Lap times look like they were right around 2 minutes. Is that right?

Hi Y'all, Esse' here. I was just wondering if'n anyone happened to have any decent in-car lap footage from the weekend? Some of the people here at work would love to see it. (Not to mention I wouldn't mind reviewing the line a few more times myself). Some other notes: It was one Seriously Fun weekend. Really glad you're OK Perry, and hope to see you back in action soon. People, Watch Out for Greg Robinson! When he gets his car back together, he's going to be one serious threat. It was great to see the other Greg (Righetti) back on track also. Hope you will be joining everyone next time. HI L.I.N.! Everyone really missed you at Fontana. Are you going to be testing friday at T-Hill on April 4th? I would leap on the chance to do Lead-Follow with you at your home court. Per and I have some fairly minor fixes to do on the car and then we should be good to go. For once, it doesn't entail removing the Engine. (Thank you Lord). Good Luck to everyone on their own mechanical endeavors, and Hope to see Everyone at the wonderful T-Hill. Esse' # 81...

Hi Esse, it is nice to hear I was missed! I sure missed you guys! I'm looking forward to T-Hill and should have my car ready to rock by then. I am happy to do some lead-follows with you there. I will be testing all day on April 4th.

Steve, I've got some in car video - 2 qualifying sessions, and the race I lost the motor.

Anything in particular you'd like to see? Start of the race maybe? An AIX car blowing past us? Or just a clean lap?

Hi Brad. What format do you have? Digital 8? Or?... I'd like to have the race from Sunday, cause Per was in my car right in front of you. Also any high-lites you may think are cool, like the AI blowby. Can you send it over the computer? If so, please send it to [email protected]. Thanx alot, Esse' #81...

I would like to tell you CMC guys that I had a great time running together (I race AI). One particular move that was very smart was when a yellow CMC camaro pulled out of pit lane onto the track during the race. I wasn't sure what was gonna happen, but the driver(I think Per) had the smarts to stay on the apron very long untill all other cars were clear and was pointing straight towards the first turn after the oval. Had that driver not done this it could have caused a disaster. Whomever it was, thanks, because I was the first one coming up after you came out on course and you made the situation very safe and didn't screw up my race either.

Thanks for the kind words Vageli, yes that was me!( Back on track after fixing my power steering leak) Courtesy and common sense is important in racing especially at our level. I have seen some pretty stupid moves both from slower and faster cars through the years and we dont need that. We will all be racing together all year and I think it is important we can all trust each other out on the track.

Per

I too loved running with the big ($$$) dogs. I think we all appreciate good clean racing both passing and being passed (though a little less that way). Great job to all...

Steve (and others), here's the start from my in-car. Things to notice - Nick going almost into the pits to pass, me getting 'out-braked' going into the infield, and me flexing the 3.23 gears back out on the oval (too bad they hurt me in the other 17 turns) - ~8.4MB:

http://www.bsimconsulting.com/Racing/csrace3lap1.asf

Speaking of courtesy to AI cars, I have a little video of me and a few others getting smoked by an AI car (keep in mind this was 3 corners from my motor going, so I'm a little off the pace), notice the 'point' - ~700Kb:

http://www.bsimconsulting.com/Racing/caspdwyai.wmv

And speaking of motors going, here's my car's last breaths. The 'nice' V8 sounds you hear at the beginning are a group of 3 AI cars that were behind me - ~700Kb:

http://www.bsimconsulting.com/Racing/caspdwymotor.asf

Brad- thanks for posting those! Great job! I don't know if you have tried this with your camera, however you may want to give this a try sometime - position the camera so you can see your gauges, you shifting, and if you have a wide angle lens, even your feet. Good info later.

Hope the escaped zip tie wasn't important!

Thanx for posting the In-Car Brad. Looks pretty darn cool. Us grouped with AI is definately a good pairing. I really need to get an in-car camera hooked up soon, both for learning and,as someone else posted "bragging rights." One thing I was wondering about is, after reviewing our 2003 schedule, I noticed that it has our last "weekend" (which is at Sears) as being November 12-13, but on my calendar that's a wednesday and thursday. Anyone have the lowdown on this? See Ya, Esse'#81...