CB Friday at Thunderhill!

Lady in Nomex

I plan to be there early for a full day of testing...I have a lot of seat time there and am happy to show folks around who want to learn the track. Should be a fun weekend for us, and so far the temps look to be in the 80s, great for this time of year!

• Members

I'll be there, one way or another. The racing gods are against me though: I was tightening one of the bolts on the thermostat neck, using a torque wrench even... "hmmm...this feels pretty tight, it ought to be about" ~~SNAP~~ "HOLY @*$%$# %$@$&$ %$T%*$&*R*!!!!!" Yep, the bolt snapped off.

Al, did you just happen to have bought a tap and die set? Sure seems like if you don't have a reason to use a new tool, you'll make one!

• Members
Al, did you just happen to have bought a tap and die set?
Too funny! I literally bought a tap and die set about a month ago. I had some good luck though: just enough of the bolt was sticking out that I was able to grab it with vice grips and get it out. So the car is in the trailer now, ready to go...or so I'm lead to think. I'm sure friday I'll find something wrong, but that's part of what CB fridays are for!