Infineon

Tony G

September 11/12

Ok so it a few months away...

But,this will be a huge attendance for CMC.

I'm thinking prizes,giant BBQ for lunch,tons of usual CMC surprises,and more.

Lets get 25-30 cars to this event and show them all who has the most fun!

This will be great,as the points race is still anyone's for the taking.

We will have some coverage out the too,so now you have time to shine them up, (and Brady will be replacing the right side of his car.. ),so get those race cars ready to rock!

Team "Hi Line Motorsports" will be there.. will you??

Tony

Yup, I'm planning on taking my first racing trip north of Buttonwillow that weekend (not counting Portland and Seattle International that is).

REALLY looking forward to it!

Brad...your car knows its way around the track...it won the SCCA SSGT Pacific Coast Championship back in 1997 with David Allen driving....a winning car never forgets...but drivers sometimes do...so what is the story on Friday open track sessions....Sears Point had Friday open in the past for an AM and a PM testing session of Fridays...any word of this for Sept?....I'm a little rusty not racing for a year or so and need at least 15 minutes practice to beat Tony in our Ford/GM shootout on Saturday...wait, what am I thinking....a Camaro with an old, tired, nearsighted, reflexes gone, no depth perception, no practice driver such as myself can still beat any Ford that Tony shows up with...mmm, boy are those margaritas and fajitas at Chevies that Tony is going to buy for the entire CMC field going to taste good...rp

I'm planning to be there.

Now let's see?

battery........check!

gas............. um yeah I think I'll have enough

count me in!

count me in .. Hey aren't there any single CMC guys out there willin to talk to lonesome Rosie "the lady from Russia"- who's "lookin for love"

how about a new umbrella girl ?

We're planning on being there, too.

I would love a Friday Practice. The last race Sunday I turned my best lap. I really need seat time learning these tracks.

Due to a business obligation I can't make this one. You guys are going to forget what I look like! I will definitely make the last two races of the year.

I'll be there for sure, I can't wait to see that type of a turnout. An inverted race with 30 cars sounds like too much fun.

My dad Jim will be there with a new 95 mustang race car that were just finishing up.

By the way what is the Ford/GM shootout that Richard is talking about?

It all started when the first Chevy guy and the first Ford guy claimed their ride was faster than the others...some 90 years ago and it has never been settled since...until NOW...as Executive Director of the CMC series Tony Guaglione is the most obvious Ford proponent to defend the honor of the Ford ranks (hmmm...Ford=rank..that's about right); that and the fact that he's the quickest driver out there (which really says something for his driving ability as Fords are just so much slower than Chevies)...Tony and I go back around five years when we met at Laguna Seca during a CMC race...Tony was driving his Camaro and leading into Turn 2...I was immediately behind him in my 1LE Z28 and due to my advancing age (I've been racing since 1969) and failing depth perception I braked a little too late and happended to ram him...err, lightly touch...in the entry to the turn....Tony went around and was facing the rest of the CMC cars bearing down on him into T2....once he sold his winning Camaro and bought a series of Mustangs (with velcro engine mounts as he seemed to go through engines every weekend) we each kept extolling the virtues of our respective racing marques...the only answer to the who is quicker conundrum was to settle it on the track in a one-on-one shootout....since I only run a few races anymore, and none in temperatures over 90 degrees or less than 65 and for sure not in inclement conditions we've had to postpone our shootout at Sears Point for the past two years...this year with the race in September we don't have to worry about rain and I'll even endure a few minutes of temps above my senior citizen comfort zone to teach Tony a racing lesson...we've settled on a 3 lap winner take all format...the only rule is you can't wreck the other guy...intentionally....and first guy to the checker buys dinner for all the CMC racers that weekend....so plan on being in the grandstands during the Saturday lunch break and seeing me prove once and for all that Camaros will stomp any Mustang in the series...by having a top driver like Tony there will be no excuses...and he even has the advantage of racing recently while my exposure to the track has recently been in front of the big screen TV sucking down a few margaritas while listening to Dave Despain or DW....so the nomex gauntlet has been thrown at Tony's Ford feet and barring rain we're finally going to settle this....since I don't have a race car at present I'm going to be driving one of my old Camaros now owned and raced by JR Luster who will be driving the car in the Saturday and Sunday CMC races...hope that sets the stage....matter of fact we might need a few side bets on this, Tony, loser (you) waxes the winner's(me) car? rp

(with velcro engine mounts as he seemed to go through engines every weekend)

HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA ! ! ! !

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there...

In the SCCA races after the complete repaving lap records fell around 2 seconds a lap in classes comparable to CMC...who's going to be the pole qualifier this time...at a 1:52.8? or?

Sheesh - that puts me ~10 seconds behind the fastest CMC car ( I ran a 2.04 ). Lewis managed a 2 flat during OTC.

Gotta find a way to get out there next year and run with you folks. If any one gets a-hanker'n to race in Texas, give us a shout!

Richard is right..that this will be a great shoot out..but is also wrong since he will be waxing my car.

I like pure carnuba,and bring some extra towels to clean my windshield ( and the rear window too, since that is the only place I will ever actually be seeing your car).

Then you may want to up the limit on your credit card,since all of us CMC racers get real hungry after a hard day of racing.

Once and for all, the superior Ford product will prove victory over the bowtie.

Man I'm getting hungry,will you also be providing the drinks??

Tony

Oh, you dreamer...I'm watching Boris and Junior tomorrow to get some tips on how to drive a Chevy around Sears Point..where are the Fords?...languishing in showrooms around the US....and waiting in repair shops for new engines....sure I'll buy the drinks...how many do you want before the race?...nah, the way Greg drinks my credit card would be maxed out...how about the person in second at start/finish after the first lap buys the drinks...so we've got drinks for the first lap, dinner for the last lap (the win)...what are we going to bet for the second lap? since I'm going to be leading all three laps you might want to choose something cheap since you still have young children who will expect an inheritance one day....Richard "God is my co-pilot but the Devil has his foot on the gas" Pryor

• Members

wonk wonk wonk, you guys (Tony and Richard) talk more smack than anyone I know. Besides, we all know I can kick BOTH of your asses. We all know Greg is carrying all the weight in that Team Hiline. And Richard, hell, his memory is so bad he needs a rally co-pilot to tell him the turns as they come up.

hey

Sorry to break up a good fight between Tony and Richard...

but....I think you need to do at least one CMC race a year to be able to critizice another competitor..( Richard...come on...I am a GM guy too...Just because we dont go to Laguna...Or will that old Dodge Van not make it past Salinas..lol)

I may be on limited schedule this year...( working tech for Ryan in so-cal)

.But will be back full force in 2005.

P.

per...i'm not critiicizing Tony...in fact I'm complimenting him...there is absolutely no way a Mustang has any chance of winning a CMC race unless the driver is so awesomely talented that he makes up for the deficiencies of the Mustang...and Tony has done this...there isn't anyone that can beat him in CMC that I've seen, no matter what type of car he's in...however, by this old, balding, pot bellied (thank god for stretch nomex suits), nearsighted, reflex deteriorated, gray bearded retired racer being able to jump in a Camaro and beat Tony in his Mustang will once and all prove the superiority of the Camaro as it will be the car, not the driver that will beat Tony...and you're right...my last CMC race was at Laguna several years ago when I qualified second to Jonathan Bomarito and passed him and led him to the checker for the win...and,yes, he was driving a Mustang...another case of a top nothch driver in an inferior car being beaten by an old guy in a superior car.....I think the Black Maria Dodge Van has just enough milage left for one more trip to Sears Point so this is the chance for me to whup Tony's butt and settle our two year old bet once and for all....if I have the 2000 Camaro V-6 SCCA SSB car ready by then I'll bring it too just for grins....I'm building it for Jim Carrol who will be running the SCCA National circuit next year but we'll drop in for some fun CMC racing too....see you at the margarita bar as we burn up Tony's American Express card...I'm also going to fill up the van with all the extra 3rd adn 4th gen parts I have left in the warehouse including two sets of 1LE front RH calipers that need rebuilding, a 3.73 ring and pinion, a steel driveshaft, a 4th gen rear spoiler, two 3rd gen distributors and coil sets, misc. boxes of electrical relays and a 155 fuel pump for in tank use, and two sets of various front 3rd gen front springs....all free for whoever wants them...they're not going back to my garage so please stop by and save them from the landfill at Sears....Richard

Dude..This is sick...(am I hip enough?)

hey..you need to make it out there at least one race this year so these CMC newbies will at least meet you.

I will invite you to drive my Pontiac next year just to show you can still do it..

Hey..If I bring sleeping bag..you got somewhere I can sleep for historics....(garage floor will work)

you are one of a kind..so am I ...lol

P.

Per...you're welcome to sleep in the back of the black van....or even in the guest room....hot tub and BBQ are at your disposal...if there's an early harvest you can even help stomp some grapes...any CMC'er is always welcome whenever in the Carmel area...stop by for margaritas and BBQ anytime and kick some race car tires in the shop..RP

Oh, you dreamer...I'm watching Boris and Junior tomorrow to get some tips on how to drive a Chevy around Sears Point..

Let's hope you don't follow Jr's lead.

I figure Richard will do as Jr. did...just go 1/2 lap and call it quits..but at least Richard will be on a race lap...

Tony

Yeah, yeah....at least I know that the BBQ is supposed to be after the race, not during it...you'd think those southern boys from the home of BBQ would know better...seriously...how scary was that fire?...inadequate fire response...it's a good thing Jr. regained consciousness as those corner workers were not equipped to rescue him in time...short sleeves and no gloves sure doesn't make sense to me...I thought at SCCA Pro races they required full fire suits for rescue personel at each corner....good thing SCCA requires drivers to wear full nomex as Jr. has been known to drive without them on hot days in his NASCAR races....sheer foolishness...at least he was wearing a full face helmet and HANS device.....very fortunate....hopefully CMC will never see anything like this...rp