TIME TO SIGN UP.. plus more info for Sept 11/12

Tony G

Folks,

This next event takes us to the beautiful Infineon Race track in Sonoma.

Please sign up now so I can get a good idea of the car count, and I do expect by talking with most of you, that this will be a huge event for us.

We will be running with A/I only in the race and qual. sessions,and maybe a little other fun stuff will be fit in here and there.

So the schedule will be posted soon,but as usual don't worry as we have it all taken care of ( you know what I am talking about).

A planned CMC BBQ hosted by Sam Stowell Team BAF and the CMC directors is planned for Saturday at Lunch..Do not miss this!

Richard Pryor wil be paying for all of this after out match race.

I will update this event as we get closer.

Who is registered so far:

Carson Scheller...Thanks for reg early!

Jeff Bernard..Great to have you back!

Tony Guaglione..You know I'll be there!

Thanks !

Tony Guaglione

CMC Director

CMC #55 Team Hi Line Motorsports

Edited by Guest

The VISA card that is going to pay for the CMC bachinalia is 5555-6554-4567-0001, expiration date after the race, Card holder: Tony Guaglione....it's a good thing you sold that car trailer to pay for the loser's sponsored dinner....and unlike the French, I expect good old cow steak, even though Camaros eat Mustang on the track.

Tony the #44 will be there, but no racing. Roger is going for his provisional, and I am there to help. Look forward to meeting everyone, and seeing the shootout if Richard shows up.

Done.

Hey lookie here, I didn't wait until 3 days before.

I feel like Kevin -

I WANNA RACE, I WANNA RACE, I WANNA RACE, I WANNA RACE, I WANNA RACE,

I WANNA RACE, I WANNA RACE, I WANNA RACE, I WANNA RACE, I WANNA RACE

Team E-Volution are in, finally!! Just about everything on the car is new, hopefully all the bugs worked out (yeah right) and we are looking forward to the event

Craig

The list as of today:8/25/04

Tony Guaglione

Greg Robinson

Carson Scheller

Jeff Bernard

Brad Simpson

Mike Plum

Pat Stone

Brett Sciuto

Steve Sparklin

Mike Donahoe

E-Volution (Paul & Craig)

Al Fernandez

Kevin Hall

Don Trask

This is about half of the list..so come on you slackers and REGISTER (especially Richard Pryor..but I don't blame him for not registering yet,as I wouldnt want to lose in front of everyone either).

FREE BBQ on Saturday.. ALL CMC family's invited!

Only a few weeks away now!

Tony Guaglione

Consider this my registration for our shootout (imagine the mental picture of a single digit extended in your direction)....unless someone wants to lend me a ride for the races so I can win all four races in addition to our shootout, I'll just be there Saturday or Sunday for the Shootout.....I'll be driving JR Luster's 1991 CMC Camaro that he'll be racing in the Saturday and Sunday CMC races ( I promise not to dent it , JR, as Tony won't even be close enough to scrape it)...heck, since I'm driving a Camaro I don't even need any practice...well, maybe I'll look at the videos of me winning the Pacific Coast Road Race of Champions three times there (in a Camaro of course)...just to remember where the track goes....with a CMC Camaro it's just so easy to jump in and go fast and blow the doors off Tony's Mustang....see you all at Sears Point where I'll be giving Tony driving lessons....rp

Updated list shows:

Tony Guaglione

Carson Scheller

Jeff Bernard

Brad Simpson

Michael Plum

Pat Stone

Brett Sciuto

Steven Sparklin

Mike Donahoe

Team E-Volution

Alvaro Fernandez

Kevin Hall

Team Trask

Ben Pfaff

Team Search ( the Lees)

Tim Bullock

Team BAF Auto Care

Timothy Spurgeon

Gerie Bledsoe

Ed Hamilton

Greg Robinson

Awesome,plus expect 5 more at the very least..can we hit 28-30 cars??

A/I has around 8,so what a great group we will have.

Mandatory drivers meeting at my trailer at 9am both days,you miss it you wont know what's going on and you will be screwed..I promise!

No update on Saturdays race time..yet.

We will be using the non turn 7 config...at least for Saturday.

Keep you posted soon,

Tony

Carson, it's when your brakes fade to the floor in T7....well, it looks like from the posted schedule that our shootout is going to be Sunday, if Tony doesn't move the schedule around so he doesn't have to face the humiliation of my Camaro absolutely trouncing his Mustang....I've already printed the CAMARO WINS! T shirts so you better not back out, Tony.....rp

OK, the noise thing has me worried. Can anyone give us an idea of whether the unmuffled 82 will be too loud for Sonoma? Like I have a way to measure the decibels on the driver's side at 50 feet! The exhaust is turned down, which helps the noise some.

I wanna race, I wanna race, I wanna race.

Kevin,

Back in February my unmuffled camaro ran 105db and I wasn't pushing it at the time. I expect it would be over the limit if pushed. It will be darn difficult for the speed police to identify the violators amongst a pack of 25 CMC racers running close together, but if we get spread out the noisy cars will be obvious.

Back in Febraury my exhaust was simply a straight pipe that ended in front of the axle. A couple of weeks ago I put the muffler back on to prepare for Sears, but was immediately disappointed with the lack of attitude a muffled car presents. Damn sound police need to get a life.

My current thinking is I will cut the exhaust behind the axle, flange it and show up at Sears with open pipes and the ability to quickly bolt on a muffler if I have to.

Mike

Mike is right on,the loudest CMC cars (like mine..no mufflers-Xpipe-short tube) are 105-107db,but in a pack its impossible to catch the culprit.

Most CMC cars are at 95db

90% of the cars will be fine,and turn your exhaust away from the meter if you can.

Tony

Just to give you guys a heads up about the sound game. I ran up there this last weekend and have read about and seen the new sound mike at Sears Point. It is placed on the staright away near start/finish on a pole. It is no longer on top of one of the pit walls. This makes it harder to direct sound away. Both the Monte Carlo and Camaro have no problem passing sound. Also the sound mike was a "GIFT" from the winery aross the way to the track. So we have no say in how it is set up. I don't know if the sound rules will be the same for NASA but last weekend you did not get 3 strikes just 2 and you were out for the weekend. This sucks that sound is even more strict than Laguna. Well happy trails and maybe see you guys next weekend. Also if you have close ties with Griggs Racing, give them a call and see what they are doing for sound. I don't think they get hit the meatball flag for sound.

I have used augers that you can pick up from most race shops, they have them in different sizes 3-3.5 inch. Just by placing them in the end of the exhaust pipe they can drop 2-3 DB's. They work better closer to your collector. And only run $15 or so.

Car Chemistry makes inserts that tack weld in just behind the collector (or as far forward as you can insert them)...they are made in different diameters but I imagine 3" will work for most CMC cars....they have two disc for racing and three disc for street....we put one three disc in a LT1 Camaro with headers and open 3" exhaust and it hit 96 db at Laguna (but the exhaust exited driver's left which is away from the LS sound meter)...I'd think that a three disc insert would work for 99% of the CMC cars as they are not as heavily modified as the LT1 is...try www.carchemistry.com for full information...you can order them from JEG'S and they have them in stock...plenty of time for Sears...and if Tony can make the time, I'll be suited up, ready to kick Guaglione and Mustang butt Sunday, high noon...rp

One cheap fix , that worked for me at LS, is a simple exhaust tip bolt on from Pep boys . You know ,da kind da tuner guys like, a oversize chrome job w/ a small inner baffle. a real CMC fix.... cheeep , simple and easy to take off.. I used regular muffler clamps to hold da sucker on ( didnt want it to come off and bounce thru a mustang windshield behind me ...

Carson,

There's no need to use clamps on the muffler tip, those mustangs will be far enough behind the the tip will have be far out in the weeds before a mustang goes by. Oh, let me rethink that... you were worried it would falling off when you lapping them... ok I've got it now.

Mike

The only tips that you Camaro drivers will be needing to worry about, will be the tips I give you an how to actually drive the track correctly after I lap you in the first race.

How do you like thems tips...

Tony