TIME TO SIGN UP.. plus more info for Sept 11/12

Tony G

All your empty threats mean noting....except maybe serve to fool yourself into believing you even have a chance against a GM product....assuming you don't come up with some weak excuse (like wadding up your Mustang trying to keep up with the Camaros in the CMC races) I'll expect you to be ready to rumble high noon Sunday for three laps of driving lessons at Sears Point. And I'm trying to find a car to rent for the races, too, just to spank those Mustangs four more times...but if not I'll be in JR Luster's Camaro (assuming he doesn't wad it up before Sunday) with my teacher's cap on....be prepared to see those 92db mufflers on the Camaro whispering away from you in every turn....Bubba Pryor

How can your cars be in the 105-107 range? Our cars run 100-102 at Sears Point unmuffled. We have gotten a few "sound jeopardies", but never a sound violation. 12-1 compression, longtube headers, 3" exhaust, and 6,000-7,000 RPM has to be louder than a CMC car.

Your right that is strange.

I know for a fact that Mike Plum and I were at 106 on the meter as I watched it last time out.

Maybe they have changed the pick up point.

What date did you guys last run with those numbers?

Mike and I were there in February.

Yes the A/I cars are louder usually by 3-5 DB's.

Tony

Tony, I believe the pickup point was on top of the staging lights for the drag strip. This was at the SCCA event in April of this year.

Cosmo,

I remember a pole that was sticking up after turn 11,but before the left kink about 3 ft behind the wall on the drivers right side.

It was mounted about 7 ft high pointing right at you.

Wonder if this has changed a bit?

Tony

Drivers list update:

Tony Guaglione

Carson Scheller

Jeff Bernard

Brad Simpson

Michael Plum

Pat Stone

Brett Sciuto

Steven Sparklin

Mike Donahoe

Team E-Volution

Alvaro Fernandez

Kevin Hall

Team Trask

Ben Pfaff

Team Search ( the Lees)

Tim Bullock

Team BAF Auto Care

Timothy Spurgeon

Gerie Bledsoe

Ed Hamilton

Greg Robinson

Brady Flaherty

Greg Righetti

Scott Gregory ?

Luster

Jim Griffith

James Griffith

Perry Kincy

Robert Heim

We are close to CMC 30 cars!!

Edited by Guest

Tony,

My day job at the ol' Insurance company may need me to go to Florida this week. We're still waiting to hear.

My question is what happens to the entry fees if we cannot make this race? Both mine and Thomas' HPDE4?

Also any word on how close the wild fire is to the race track?

Kevin Hall

Just call Dave Ho at the office and he will credit your credit card.

We will really miss you guys if you cant make it

Team search ( the Lees ) will not be making it as they blew a piston this last weekend testing their car...Ok and before you say it, I will..yes it was a Mustang...Damn..

Tony

So it was a Mustang that blew....gee it must have tried to go over 4000 rpm....these cars are so unreliable it won't surprise me that everyone driving them sells them to a newbie (next biggest sucker theory) and buys Camaros...heck, I'm surprised Tony hasn't unloaded that sled of his and bought a Camaro again...maybe after I show him again how fast Camaros are in our Sunday Shootout....and yes, this shootout is a return to racing for me after several years absence and we are building two cars...a V-6 SCCA SSB car to be driven by Jim Carroll until a 4th gen Camaro is ready for him to run in CMC (and SCCA ITE at Laguna) and then I'll run the SSB car in Nationals (and Sears and Laguna CMC for fun since it isn't going to be allowed officially...yes, even a V-6 Camaro is faster than a CMC Mustang so I understand excluding it...too embarassing for Tony to be trounced by a little V-6)...guess he won't feel too bad about losing this next Sunday at Sears....unless he comes up with an excuse like a sciatic nerve keeping him out of action....rp

I just updated the list.

This is just unbelievable..we are now setting the standard for all groups.

Be proud of what we have,and it can only get better.

You all are making this what it is...just awesome!

Couple of things in case you don't know.

The Saturday session at 11:45 will be a points race and qualify session.

This will be a standing start inverted by current seasons points race,however if you have zero points you will be behind the last place guy in line(me) since it would not be fair to stick someone in front who has not been at any race this year (so you guys with zero points, just follow me).

The top three finishers will earn Toyo bucks.

The grid for Sundays 1st race at 11:40 am, will be determined by the times you turned in Saturdays race.Sundays 2nd race at 3:00pm will be inverted by Sundays first race finishing results.

The Pryor/Guaglione shoot out will be at 2pm Saturday,as we have too many cars to run with BMW at 2:00pm.

BBQ at 12:30 CMC pits Saturday.

Thanks,

Tony Guaglione