CMC Shoot out planned

Tony G

This Camaro vs Mustang shoot out will take place Saturday at 2PM for a 3 lap race to finally show what a Mustang can and will do to a Camaro.

Pryor get your car ready (believe me your going to have too)!

See you there.

All bets will be taken in the morning,and must be placed by high noon.

Richard, I really do feel sorry for you....

Tony

That's the sound of me quaking in my (driving) boots....my only prep is to change the oil in the car (after all it's been 5 racing seasons so it must be time...these Camaros just keep running perfectly...and I assume that your race prep on your mustang is to unzip the dzus fasteners h olding in the engine and change it out for the umpteenth time (please put in one that will last at least 100' past three laps so you have no excuses when you finish way behind me...even a Mustang should be able to complete three laps at full speed (what ever that passes for from a Ford product)...and 2 pm is just fine as I can sleep in...I'll try to remember to set my alarm and hope it isn't made by Ford so the timing's off...see you Saturday...in my rear view mirror....rp

Just for clarification.....are said cars going to be 100% CMC legal?? There has been some question about non-regular racers running in non-CMC legal trim.....

Other than that, I look forward to the results.

Well, Adam, I don't know about Tony's Mustang, but JR Luster's Camaro is 100% CMC legal...he's run it in one event and this will be his second...I'm just going to borrow it for three laps (heck, with a Camaro I don't even need to practice...though a few laps the other day at Laguna didn't hurt to get the juices flowing) and give it back to him in one piece (well maybe a few dents from T11)....I'd love to run a 4th gen but none are available unless Al doesn't mind a few patches of bondo, but in a 4th gen it wouldn't even be close....if I were Tony, I'd be in the garage all this week tweeking on the Mustang..he's going to need every horsepower he can find and every pound he can lose....shoot, with this 230# driver he's already got the weight advantage....see you all Saturday am (but not too early)..bubba pryor

We don't have any non regular CMC cars/drivers,and believe me when there is a question about a non legal car in CMC,you can bet we will all be under that car in a second.

One thing that is really easy to see in CMC,and that is when a car goes by you in a flash,and if that happens then we question it.

We all know that its hard to really fly by each other since the cars are so even.

Driver experience is everything,but not on a straight away.

One exception will be in the shoot out..as I will be flying by Pryor like I just stuck a 150HP shot of nitrous under the hood..hey not a bad idea...I Wonder if Pryor is actually doing something like that right now?

One more thing after I win, I would like my car waxed with nothing other than pure carnuba, I like my women blonde, and my steaks medium.

Tony

Hey, I like my women waxed and blonde too....but a 150 shot still won't be enough for your Mustang to win...unless it's 150 proof scotch to drown your sorrows after you lose Saturday....I assume the start will be a standing start so I can also humiliate you in the drag race to turn two...yeah, I heard you were a hot shot drag racer long ago but the torque of the Chevy can offset my senior citizen reflexes...rp

To really see if the FORD or CHEVY is the true winner and not all driver Tony & Richard run three laps, then switch cars with each other and see if the other can beat your time in your own car!!! Double shootout!!! Loser buys twice. What do you think CMCer's????

John...that's a great idea but wouldn't prove which car was better...only that I'm such a superior driver to Tony that I could even beat him in a Mustang....Al...if we random pull I'm racing YOUR car....see you for the BBQ before the shootout....I'll be the guy downing three or four beers...rp

Richard and I passed each other over 16 times,and after 3 full laps it was decided in turn 11,but as we crossed the finish line with the two cars being so close, it was an actual photo finish and the photos showed a dead heat tie.

I guess we will just have to set up another match race..are you in Richard..or anyone else??

Tony

Ever since I saw doctored photos of Lee Harvey Oswald I've been suspicious of any photos...and since that photo Greg Robinson (your team mate) showed me of a dead equal finish could have been doctored as I KNOW there is no way you beat me...we need something more decisive and multiple cameras run by ...well, I'll volunteer my team mate JR Luster to be the official photographer at the next shootout...matter of fact, he's already finished the photo and I won!....seriously, it was a great time racing Tony, and even though the on-track results didn't settle the Ford vs. Chevy and Richard vs. Tony argument, I figure that as Greg Robinson (him again) said afterwards, it was a testament to the Camaro that a tired old driver like me was able to keep up and if Tony was driving the Camaro it would have been a walkaway for Tony....well, geez, Greg, that's what I've been saying all along...if you want a bulletproof CMC race car you need to race a Camaro...afterall, didn't Tony drop out of the Sunday race with engine problems again?.....wouldn't have happened in a Camaro.....and boy, oh, boy was it fun watching the CMC races from the grandstands...almost 30 cars racing clean and close....this has got to be the most fun class out there....and the Saturday BBQ was a highlight as I finally got to meet lots of the people only known from the Board....perfect weather and perfect races...and the announcement of a CMC race at Laguna next year....everyone at the Sears CMC weekend should be proud of putting on such great races....and welcome to the new guys in the HPDE groups getting there licenses...35 car fields next year?

• Members

Well...it definitely shortened it. The jury's still out though on wether it was a blown engine or a blown oil cooler line. I believe Ford made those lines.