Shakin'...

Steve Graves1548534707

Sitting here at the library computer, noon-time and danged if'n the whole building doesn't start Shakin'. I'm thinkin 5.0 (hmmm...). Still I think all this movement is just a precursor for what's to come in the next few weeks. Don't really think these are after-shocks. The Quake we had 9 months ago was from a fault off the coast, whereas these are all from the San Andreas. No real damage so far, just alot of movement. Esse' #81... P.S. I hope B-Willow's racing suface is still good next weekend, desperately need some tracktime.

Hey Kevin, Oct 9+10 is a HPDE plus race weekend for SOCAL NASA , checkout "event registration" on NASA site. some cmc guys will be testing $150/day. Fridays are also a test day there $160 (?) or $90/ 1/2 day after 1pm. They also have a dyno there TOM's da man at 7's only. IM goin, not sure what day yet,carson

Yeah Kevin, what Carson said. I'm gonna hopefully take the #81 out for at least one of the days (sat or sun) to "break" in the new torsen rear and clutch that should be in by then. And I guess that Carson was going to try and test his New car out. You guys thinking of going? See Ya, Esse' #81...

We're looking for something to do with the Camaro. I've got a Pure Stock ride Saturday at Irwindale, and get to race against my son in his Pure Stock Chevelle, so we'll probably pass, but I did see HPDE runs again in November, and may try to rally G&H Racing to go do battle at Buttonwillow again then.

Hey everyone wish me luck. This saturday Oct. 9, I will be in open show for dirt stockcars, and get this $2000.00 to win. Want to see a demolision derby be in Quincy at 7P.M. Kevin put a big block in that toms car and come on up! See ya . John #44,but I will be driving the #21 red camaro of course!

Hey John, how'd you boys run?

Not the best outing for Hall Racing. We missed the set up on Thomas' car all day, and finally seemed to get it sorted out after our feature, but in time to get his girl friend Elizabeth more comfortable for the women's pure stock race. That one paid $700 to win. She ended up 11th.

Thomas just beat me at the finish line as the ratty old LTD I was driving was wicked loose on exit, and I just couldn't get any speed off the exit. We finished 13th and 14th. Lot's of fun, though. That Irwindale track is great fun. Saw what may have been the best short track race ever in their Pro Truck race, first and second swapped places 5-6 times, and lapped all but the 3rd and 4th place trucks.

We have to spend this winter getting the Chevelle worked over for next season at Irwindale.

Hey are any of the So Cal guys going to Buttonwillow for the November races?

Well, the big race is over and no more playing on dirt for the year unless I ride with AL. There were 39 cars from Oregon, Nevada, and California, and these wern't the slow pokes. They only allowed 18 cars in the A-MAIN so there was some pretty heated battles in the heat races. I had a little mishap in my heat race when I went into turn one the engine turned off for about 15 seconds! Needless to say only the top two from each heat transfered directly to the show, and after I got it refired I caught back with the group to finish 5TH. That put me in the B-MAIN with 21 others trying for the top 8 spots who would transfer. I started 12TH and in 15 laps I made a last lap pass for 8TH! On to the big show! This was sort of a letdown, but started passing cars and the right rear axle decided to break going through turn two on lap 5 that ended my night. All in all, our team(C&C Racing) finished 7TH, and 17TH for the night.

Well, heck, John, seems like you ran a little better than us in the B main, but not much better in the A. We're done with turning left for the year, too. If only we can get one more run in with the Camaro.