Looks a bit like a CMC Starting Grid.............

Snakin

well almost! but it is the same concept of Ford vs GM(Holden).

This was the starting grid of the V8 Supercar Bathurst Race in Australia last weekend 10/10/04

Bathurst%20Start.jpg

Great shot Brett!

We visited New Zealand a few years ago (my wife's a Kiwi) and I can attest that V8 Supercar racing is HUGE in NZ as well. Those boys do it right except that they sit on the "wrong" side of the car! Seriously, you've gotta love it: big HP, no push button or sequential shifting just straight up road racing and a great rivalry between Ford and Holden.

Greg Robinson

Team Hi Line

Hey Brett, you got a part time job as flag man at races in OZ ?? great shot... the dirt guys in San Berdo want to know which way do they go around the OVAL down under ??

• Members
Hey Brett, you got a part time job as flag man at races in OZ ?? great shot... the dirt guys in San Berdo want to know which way do they go around the OVAL down under ??

I almost fell outta my chair! sorry, but I just thought that was histerical

That's a mean stagger they set up...nice! I love catching those races on Speed!

Greg, you're right. The intensity of the Ford/Holden battles in AUS/NZ are really something else and it gets really heated for the Bathurst race.

Carson, unfortunately I can't lay claim to that photo being mine.

A good mate of mine got to drive his car (82 Vette) on the parade lap carrying one of the drivers before the race which I'm sure was a total blast!!

Oval, what's that? I'm not sure they have any in Australia

Actually if my memory is correct from the old speedways I used to visit, I'm fairly sure they run the same as here.

Hey Al, maybe CMC should try the staggered start?

See ya

Brett

What a great pic. The OZ Ford Falcons are pretty cool cars. A Four door rear wheel drive car that handles well and a big 5.4 V8 up front and you can buy it off the showroom floor. I wish SPEED still showed the races, it is awsome door to door racing, they give a new meaning to using the curbs .

Hey Carson,

We don't care which way we turn as long as we get to race something! Unfortuntely Irwindale is done for the year, and we probably won't make any of the Nor Cal CMC races the rest of the year.

Hopefully we'll get to race at Laguna Seca and will be back at California Speeway next year!

By the way, how'd the new ride run?

Kevin

Greetings Kevin, spent all afternoon at Buttonwillow on the dyno ..never got on the track , as it turned out the track was rented Fri to some driving /instuction group ?? the good news is we were able to inprove the hp to 223.8 and 279.6 lbs on this carb 305 engine @ 185 temp.Still sorting some other things out ,ie brakes and cooling, but plan to be back in the trailer headin for Infineon Friday pm ta git 'er dun...carson # 6

we'll miss you and the rest of your crew..

Carson,

Good luck, those are some pretty strong numbers from a carbed 305.

Thomas' boss refers to brakes as the "lose pedal" and the gas as the "win pedal". I hope you and Larry the cable guy 'Git r dun, we'll hang here with Ron White and consider gitin' Drunk in Public.

Y'all have fun up there in the great white (ok not so white) North.

Kevin

Good numbers, Carson...about what we usually get with a TPI...our best one hit 229.5 and 301 torque at 185 degress...our worst one, unfortunately, is in the new car for Jim Carroll that we'll be setting up at Sears this weekend...untouched except to take off the smog equipment this 1991 TPI put out 195.6 hp and 282 torque (which is still enoughto beat Tony's Mustang)....so if the car is real slow, it's the horsepower; if it's real fast it's the driver....see you at Sears in a few days, weather permitting...Bubba "even Noah didn't like the rain" Pryor