Will there be a #36 on a Mustang?

bsim

Could be - dang these people with Camaros think they're collectors items now that they're not making them anymore.

I know I'm being a little more picky than some other folks in what's an acceptable car, but sheesh! Some of these people are asking more than KBB retail for their cars!

At least the Mustang pricing is more in line with the real value. Heck, the price difference alone would pay for a new cage.

(let's bow our heads) Dear Lord, lease let Brad find a decent donor before he thinks any more about going to the dark side, just to save a few thousand bucks.

Amen.

• Members

Brad...I think you're being a little whiny. There are at least three 4th gen z28s in the bay area that can be had for less than $5k. These are running, smogable cars. Sure, two are autos, but there's also a t56 in there for $1k complete. I'm sure once you sell the auto it'd be an almost even swap. There's also a pile of v6 cars for under $2k. Again, by the time you sell the motor/trans and buy a motor/trans, it'd be an ok deal (one guy is selling a 94 LT1+t56 for 1.5k!). AND...as if THAT werent enough, Dave Morin has four cars sitting in his back yard. I'm sure he'd go at least blue book for one of 'em

Well the grass is always greener in NorCal, eh?

I just have this wierd thing about me that I'd like to SEE and DRIVE the car before I buy it (I'm no Tony). For that matter, Z's are plentiful in NY, NJ, and TX. But down here, if it's a cobbled together, faded and dented exterior, and a nice oil puddle, it's STILL 5k.

Like I said Al, "I'm picky". But, check this near me:

Only year Chevy did this combo?

By the way, when I search Autotrader for a 95-97 M6 Z, here's the summary I get:

• Highest price: $13800
    Lowest price: $6500
    Average price: $9410

I think (as street cars) they're really worth 4-5ish.

Now let me get back to searching...

Uh Brad, they started making the 4th gens in '93. Any reason why you skipped the first two years? I was able to pick up a strong running M6 '94 TA for $3900. You'll find your best value on the older ones! Granted, they are not easy to find.

Easy there Brett, I'm not converted yet. Though a racecar is a racecar - I'll drive anything.

Julie, I'm looking newer for a few reasons:

1. 93 vs. later years MAP vs. MAF

2. 95 1/2 started dual cat cars, a little different computer

3. Not so tired

The less I have to do up front means I make Fontana - I may just 'cage and seat' a street car and do without all the 'goodies'.

Mine was the black #36 that I just sold.

3rd gens have it ALL OVER 4th gens as far as ease of work, access to cheap parts, etc. The 4th gen wins on one line item - HP.

It's a hell of a lot easier to restrict down to a HP limit than it is to try and find that last little bit. Plus, I'm hoping that a restricted motor is less taxed.

• Members

ummmm...93 Z28 with a bunch of stuff you can sell (borla exhaust, performance chip, high vol injectors...) and its only $2,500 or best. Budget about $2k for a motor and trans freshening and $499 for my finder's fee and you're still under $5k.

Mine was the black #36 that I just sold.

Yeah, I know. I used to look at that car when it was for sale just to get depressed. I have some weird attraction to 3rd gens that I just can't get rid of. Someday I will have another one (Bye-bye L98 IROC... I miss you).

Come on Brad, just come on over to the Blue Oval. You'll like it over here! In the Ford family the cars are fast and the people are friendly.

It will help your golf game too!

Greg Robinson