Front tow hook

King Matt1548534716

I need to install tow hooks on my Mustang, and I think I'm going to use a double-nutted 1/2-inch U-bolt with washers through the bumper and cover on the rear but I haven't figured out yet what to do in the front because I don't think I want anything sticking out from the bumper. Any tips for the Fox Mustangs?

Matt what we used on the touring car is a short tow strap mounted to the bumper support. It's there when needed and it won't shishkabob the guy/girl in front of you. I like the hinged front tow hooks on the front of the Multimatic Grand-Am Mustangs, they're a custom item made in-house however.

I've heard about the short tow straps, but I can't envision how it works. How long is the strap and how is it mounted to the bumper support? Does the strap just hang down when it's not being used? I'd love to see a picture if one's available.

I like the Multimatic hooks too. I'm supposed to make a trip up there in the next few weeks. Maybe I can find a "spare" one!