Why isn't your new CMC car 'ready'?

bsim

The #36 '97 debuted this weekend with STOCK suspension. My goodies didn't arrive before Saturday AM.

Result - solid mid-pack finish (though I was a little seasick, and looked like a T2 car). I'm sure a better driver would've done even better.

Now, why isn't yours 'ready'? Get out there!

Great effort Brad

It was fun to watch Brad show up on Friday with an unfinished car and a bunch of parts. Brad and his friend John spent Friday evening getting the required safety gear in place and were issued a NASA log book Saturday morning. Brad had a solid run on Saturday and took delivery of some suspension parts. The suspension upgrades lasted into the wee hours. Again on Sunday Brad put in a very solid performance and had a great time doing it. Brad's weekend is proof that you don't need the latest and greatest go fast parts to have fun or to be competitive.

Mike

Actually, that was my brother Jonathan (on 'vacation'). Working til 10:00pm Friday night and well past midnight on Saturday (I think about 1:00am) was just part of the fun!

Friday night trash was rollbar padding, transponder, extinguisher, etc.

Saturday night was front shocks/springs. We didn't even have time for the rears. But I'll tell ya - it's WAY cool to have your parts delivered to the track!

All in all, I think it was a good testament to just getting out there. I think I was at 2:04 or something on the stock setup. Not bad - except for the body roll of course:

r01.jpg

My car isn't ready because my wife had a bad accident at the end of February and has been incapacitated to various degrees ever since. With a 10-year-old and a 2-year-old (still in diapers) and a full time job, this has been killing me. There are very few items left on my list and I have already been cleared to race with the few items not finished (steering wheel lock removal and such that are legal in AI - same run group).

I'm goin' to Mid Ohio baby!

• 4 weeks later...

My dog ate it...

The 93 LT1 might just make it to a track event this weekend after sitting out in the weather for the last year while my shop was being built. Just moved in a couple weeks ago and Im finally getting some work done on the car...

Front of the cage is still needed, but most of the mechanicals and suspension is ready to go. (knock on wood)

David

Sorry to hear that Keith, that's far to serious! This is more aimed at people sitting on the sidelines 'getting ready for 2006' and the like. Julie doesn't count, since she already runs another car.

I was stock at CA Speedway, and still had a blast. I just think people need to get out and have fun instead of saving up for that new set of rear shocks (or whatever).

GET OUT THERE!

Actually Brad, I was amazed at how fast you could drive that car since it for sure it looked like it was laying over on its side in every turn. The difference between your stock suspension and any one elses car was night and day on body roll!!

Perry