Legal suspension mods

Guest #78mustangt

Im working on a car for next years season and need to change my suspension, what are some good suspension kits i can buy for my 94 mustang gt. thanks, scott

well first you go to the junk yard and find any old gm f-body and turn put a roll cage in it and then you'll be able to competetive...... no offense Tony.

For Mustangs, I believe Maximum Motorsports, Griggs and Steeda all have pieces that would be helpful and CMC-legal. Since you are starting with "a blank sheet of paper" I suggest you call the tech line for each one and see which one has what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

The Maximum Motorsports Road & Track Box is basically 100 percent legal under the CMC rules and maxes out the allowed modifications, with the possible exception of the solid steering shaft. It includes caster/camber plates, upper and lower shock tower braces, a parhard bar kit, springs and shocks, aluminum rack bushings, poly control arm bushings, rear lower control arms with spherical bushings, full-length subframe connectors, and a few other small parts I can't remember. That's what I have on my Mustang, but I upgraded to Koni DAs from the stock Bilsteins.

per Tony G's advice, I used all Maximum Motorsports suspension pieces on my 94 Mustang and it handled completely neutral. Could not ask for more. The guys at Maximum were completely helpful as well.