New tow vehicle

GT4Point6

Picked up a 2005 F250 SD 4x2, V10, 4.10, crew cab, Red with the Tow Command system. This is one of the quietest vehicles I have ever owned. I’m very surprised at the ride quality and the almost non-existent NVH. Now to get a trailer and the car should be done next week or so. Pics to follow when the car is finished.

I see the FORD vs Chevy challenge overlaps into the TOW vehicles..I also see a disparity in regard to torque #'s w/ gas vs diesel... carson ( F250 powerstroke)

The PSD is definitely the best Ford tq monster; unfortunately it comes with a 5K-price increase and diesel fuel near premium prices. If the diesel prices were better, I may have considered it but it will take a few years with the current fuel prices and the slightly better mileage to offset the 5k difference in price.

The 05 V10 got a boost in hp and tq with the 3 valve configuration and is rated at 457@3250 tq and 362@4750 hp.

I'll put my quiet '04 Chevy Duramax diesel up against any of these....590 ft-lbs of torque and never less than 13 mpg towing. Course my truck is not broken in at only 12k miles and I have an open trailer. We'll see what these figs are after I get an enclosed trailer from Pat Stone!

Greetings, 13mpg .. not bad Jules.. i only got 11mpg ( F250 7.2 powerstroke)down and back from Fontana , but my handycap is a 20'enclosed box pushin 70-75 mph, uphill both ways ??

In the end, I went with the diesel on my '05 F250. I figure that here in Texas, the price spread will open up again (between gas and diesel), but the real reason is the power.