why no ls1's in cmc?

jrtf83

Just noticed that the rulebook rules out LS1s and i was just wondering how come? I did a search to no avail, sorry if this has already been asked.

Because they'd dominate. I have to assume that LS1's will eventually become legal as they age...

BTW - For track cars, I went from an L98 to an LS1 to an LT1. The LS1 had more revs available and was stronger on the top end...

Why waste all that horsepower. Heck you would have to run a dime sized restrictor plate.

My CMC car has 225 rwhp and my 98 Camaro has about 500 rwhp. Course it quit being stock years ago.

My question is why isn't one running AI or AIX?

Perry

There is an LS1-powered Camaro racing AI in Texas - driven by Mike Patterson. He won 2 races at our last event in March.

Yea, my 98 was 315 rwhp stock the day after it was delivered in Sept 97. EZ to make that work in ai.

Great quick revving free breathing motor.

Perry

We have an ex-T2 guy running AIX with an LS1 in our region. He showed up for the first event in T2 trim (full interior) etc. with a cam and head work done. He hadn't dynoed the car and was all set for AI. They dynoed him and he had 404rwhp - oops, bump to AIX i an nearly stock car with head/cam work!!! He won once or twice this year but I am not sure if he upgraded the suspension in the meantime.