Important event at Buttonwillow October 8th

OzRacer

Special request to all CMC Drivers who will be at the Buttonwillow Event, October 8th.

There is a special event planned at approximately 5.15pm on the saturday, after the last regular race of the day, before the enduro.

The plan is to get all drivers and their CMC cars lined up on the track for a photo shoot, and to do one lap of the track at slow speed, consider it like a parade lap.

More details will follow soon...

Thanks

Brett

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OzRacer

• bsim

• Tony G

• Lady in Nomex

All I can say is...if you were going to any race this year..then this is the one you have to go to and should not miss..and I mean it because if you do you will be thinking about it for years to come as to why you did not go...ok so is that enough said??

That all I'm saying for now...

Tony

And I'll be "inside" "inside" of you since I know I'll be "forced"into the dirt and have no where to go ..so look for Mustang tail lights at corner #1.

Tony

Will it be GM or Ford next year....?????

Easy there tigers, I was just talking about the picture - wanna reserve the front row.

Now of course if you want to be off in the dirt to make it authentic, that's another story...

OK now boys & girls, don't worry, I'll have a grid all worked out so there'll be no arguments over who gets what spot.

What will be involved is getting all the CMC cars on the track in a gridded format (which I will workout) for about 15mins, drivers will be required to stand by their cars and then there will be a slow speed, approx 20mph, parade lap. This will take place at approx 5.15pm, just after the last of the days regular scheduled NASA events.

There will be professional photos and video taken.

I do hope all CMC drivers will be there to participate.

There will much more details following soon...

Thanks

Brett

What will be involved is getting all the CMC cars on the track in a gridded format

Hey Brett,

I'm planning on being at that event. I can help you grid these guys. Don't use #'s, they can't read em. You have to point them to where they belong

DonBar

Don,

your help may well be needed, you know how those CMC drivers can be when they're trying to get to the front!

There will also be a reward/benefit to those drivers who are involved in the event.

more details soon

Hi Brett and Everyone else. I don't think my car can go only 20 mph, but I'm there for sure. A life without no tracktime, ain't much of a life. All I've been doing is running laps in my head, while being poor and getting my business running and building my "Home". Life is Good. Esse' #81...

ok, ladies & gentlemen, the grid format for the photo/video deal is this:

The idea is to have a row of cars on each side of the s/f line that form almost a circle shape.

We will need to have 2 rows of cars, one row on each side of the start/finish line.

The first car (on either side) of the s/f line will be parked on the south side of the track facing the tower,

the second car will be parked beside that one as close as physically possible, but about a foot in front of the first car, and slightly angled to start the circle formation.

The third car to do the same, and so on, and so on. I hope you get the picture.

The next step in the process will be the parade lap, which will start out with the first 2 cars (closest to the s/f line) leading out, followed by all the others in a 2 wide format.

Now my next step is to figure out which cars go where???

Maybe based on car number order? finish position from Saturdays race?

best qualifying time? I'll keep working on that part.

More details, and the main reason for all of this, coming soon...

Well since I already claimed spot #2, I don't care how you sort the rest.

OR, how about first name alphabetical? Oops, there's me in #2 again, behind Al.

Maybe based on car number order? finish position from Saturdays race?

best qualifying time? I'll keep working on that part.

I vote for an inverted setup based on the last race

so, I'm sure most of you have been wondering what this is all about ?????

well, here it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LADIES & GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES !!!

ALL CMC DRIVERS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE START/FINISH LINE CEREMONY AND WEDDING RECEPTION.

Part of the ceremony will involve the CMC cars being on the track at 5.15pm as written in the previous posts.

We look forward to as many of you as possible joining us for the ceremony and reception.

See you at the track!

Thank god, now I dont have to hide it anymore.

This is AWESOME,and will be the best weekend we have ever had as a group.

Congrats Brett and Heather!!!

Man is this going to be fun.

Purple dresses and all....

Tony