#36 Enduro Results

bsim

Was the #36 screwed?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Was the #36 screwed?

• No question, GM romps Fords all day.
    • Of course, Tony would do anything to keep his $2M.
    • Yup, if you can't beat 'em on track, do it in T&S

As stated in the other post, the 3 hour went off without a hitch. Here's the notes and observations from our car, #36 4th gen, driven by Al, Brady, and me, with John on the radio, and various other CMC drivers/spouses/etc. helping out in one way or another.

Toyos were great. Ever think that the tires go away after 30 minutes of racing? Brady (and Nick in the #6) ran the fastest laps of the race in the 3rd hour, and were running times within one second of their sprint race times. I'll state that again - in the third hour. We were understandably impressed with their performance.

I myself was suitably humbled, when in that 3rd hour, Brady was running laps 4 seconds faster than I ever did. However, I was able to pick up another 2 seconds of time by Sunday race #2, and made it into the 2:08's for a personal best.

Also during that third stint, we had our only mechanical failure of the race - the rearview mirror came off and bonked Brady in the forehead. Thankfully, the helmet did it's job, and he continued to run sub 2:07 laps while fishing for the mirror flailing around in the car.

If that was our only mechanical, that means that the brakes worked well. At the end of at least one session, there was considerable smoke from one or more wheels, but the pads only wore between 1/4 and 1/3 of their life. Nice.

Our only other planning problem was that we didn't turn the transponder on before Al went out for shift #1. 4-5 laps went by while we tried to radio Al and/or used the pit board to get him to turn it on, BUT he was in my car, and I don't have the switch labled anything other than Off/On. Luckily, he finally got to it, and we were able to continue without stopping.

Which leads us to the great timing and scoring conspiracy. Everyone, and I mean that, thought that we were the 'leaders' of the CMC group. All 3 cars pitted within a couple of laps of each other, and the only midrace on-track pass occurred when Brett passed me towards the end of my shift. Brady quickly passed them back, and went on his way to ticking off ultra fast laps to stay on front of Nick and the #6 team. The checker flew, and people were congratulating us.

Imagine our (and everyone else's) surprise when the results showed that Tony's team completed TWO more laps than us (80 vs. 78 ). We thought he was kidding us. An interesting fact was that today (Sunday) there were 'new' results posted, that showed only a one lap advantage. Surely something is amiss.

AND in the class standings, we (the #36) were conspicuously missing on the newest results sheet. Investigative and bipartisan review boards have been formally requested.

All that being said, there were 3 CMC cars, in a 3 hour enduro, that finished 11-12-13 overall out of 25+ cars. Even though the order of those 3 cars should be investigated thoroughly.

"and the only midrace on-track pass occurred when Brett passed me"

Winners are grinners, and the rest...................

well, lets just say the rest will post here about whatever, whatever, blah, blah, blah.......

Like I said,we are going to hear the GM whining for years to come,as it just must really killed those boys when that Mustang spanked them lap after lap.

Remember we had pit stops 1-2 minutes faster than you slugs,so away we went waving to you as we flew by in the hot pits.

I'll make you a deal, if anyone can prove we lost, then keep the two mil,and I'll pay you an extra one mil...

Tony/Brett/Kevin ( Team FORD Winners"..better know now as " Team Camaro Killers"), as that is what was flowing through out the pits after the massacre.

Well, well, well. It sounds like this may simmer until next season. The Ford v. Chevy dispute apparently was not put to rest with the victory of the Blue Oval!

Great news about no mechanicals from the three CMC cars, except for the rearview mirror on the #36. Geez Brad, didn't you check that before you let Brady out on track?

Great job to everyone who participated. I wish I could have been there to take part. It sounds like it was a great weekend and a fantastic way to cap the 2005 season.

Greg Robinson

Brad

Great fun this weekend and I updated my signature just for you!

There was one small mechanical, my fuel evap line that runs through the pax front wheel well broke off sometime during my hour and I was sucking lots of unmetered air into the manifold. Ran ok but low on power, and wouldn't hardly idle.

Edited by Guest

This debate will go on forever and I don't think we will never know if we witnessed a Time and Scoring Miracle or if the Ford camp lucked out with caution flag timing. In their defense they had the fastest pit stops of the bunch.

What hasn't been mention yet is the gap between the #36 Camaro and #6 Firebird was something like 4.4 seconds and Nick was closing ground. With one more lap these cars would have been nose to tall.

A great time to say the least and I have a new found respect for the durability of our cars.

Mikw

A great time to say the least and I have a new found respect for the durability of our cars.

Mikw

That is by far the best part.

Just think fellas, you'll need to be supplying me with that cheese until we do it again!

We will use the $2M for that.

I'll make you a deal, if anyone can prove we lost, then keep the two mil,and I'll pay you an extra one mil...

Proof? Check out what I found while browsing my pics! You can give Richard half, so he can build a car for himself for next year.

tony.jpg

Proof? Check out what I found while browsing my pics! You can give Richard half, so he can build a car for himself for next year.

tony.jpg