BUTTONWILLOW STUFF AND RACE REPORTS!

Tim Comeau

Bunch of hens............

Anyway,

So let's turn this post into the "official" invitation for the November Buttonwillow event.

TRACK CONFIGURATION IS #1 CCW

Drivers planning to attend:

Tim Comeau

Mikael Weitze

Dylan Scott

Jim Marks

Mark Foley

Bill Addy

Mike Zanghi HPDE (NOGO?) clutch

Bill Pennock

Tom Spargo

John Rickard HPDE

Johnny Pag

Jason Wilberding?

Host hotel will probably be the Willow Inn again. Bring your fresh videos to the Willow Ranch restaurant/ bar and share them with the crowd on the big screen TV.

Edited by Guest

I just received a box of TOYO TIRES swag from Bryan Shackelford at CHAPMAN BMW to be given out at Buttonwillow. We're working together to serve YOU, the 944 spec pilot!

I got lots of shirts, hats, lanyards for your credentials/licenses, and a butt load of decals.

Door prizes are a good thing! If we can get some more drivers to this event, I'll "work" Bryan for some more tires........

He's been great to us.

Big time jacked!

But hey that's ok........

Seriously, I'd much rather have this crew bantering about the stock market and the fact that they spilled their Starbuck's this morning than not talking, like some other classes. Talk is good. I just want people who are checking the status of the event to be able to do so quickly and easily, including sponsors/suppliers of door prizes. They want to know how many guys are attending.

Dylan, Great idea about the lesser door prize. Mikael's going to win it anyway.......he wins everything.

Also, as posted above , the track configuration is going to be # 1 CCW, my favorite.

The esses are taken at speed...

trying to find somewhere to slow down for star mazda is a challenge...

the off ramp is a decreasing radius down to 2nd gear with a rise in the braking zone.

COOL!

I am considering running the HPDE on Saturday also. I am not familiar with the track config, so I think it might help. Anyone else thinking the same way?

John Rickard and I will likely be getting him some track time on Friday. ANY seat time is good time, right? It might be better for you to test on Friday, half or full day, than to be in traffic with restricted passing in Sat's HPDE Groups.

I just made a CD of the last time we raced this configuration. I'm trying to get it on my website for all the class' newer guys to see.

I might come and putt putt around! The car has been sitting for a long time without fixing a couple of necessary items. If I can get them fixed than you guys can count on me being there to bring up the rear.

Rear my a$$! You can run up front and we know it...........

What do you need for your 944, Jason? New control arms and ball joints? If your car is not an 87 or 88, get some new steel control arms with the replaceable ball joints, not the aluminum ones.

Just added you and Johnny Pag to the list.

Yeah, I think I need to get the control arms. (steel it's an 84)

My ride height is still like a 4 wheel drive, but that is something I don't think I can get done in time.

Yeah, I think I need to get the control arms. (steel it's an 84)

My ride height is still like a 4 wheel drive, but that is something I don't think I can get done in time.

you should be able to get new control arms from Paragon for like $25 each. Ball joints for maybe $15 each.

John Rickard and I will likely be getting him some track time on Friday. ANY seat time is good time, right? It might be better for you to test on Friday, half or full day, than to be in traffic with restricted passing in Sat's HPDE Groups.

Can that be decided later with no prior sign-up with the track? In other words, I can just show up, register and run?

Jason, If you decide to go for replacing the control arms, let me know if I can help. I just did mine. Bushings and alignment are an issue.

you can take my name off the list, theres no way i will be able to make it (@$^**@#$^#$&!#%$^*#@%^*# CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm going to get out of Sacramento sometime in the afternoon which will put me at the track sometime after 6pm I suspect. I assume you guys figure out how to pit together so how can I find you?

My cell phone is 916 705 0271

For anybody showing up.........just look for the pack of 944's!

It was nice to set ourselves up in the paddock so much closer to the bathrooms and the control tower last time. Let's try that again.

I've asked Tim already but just in case I'll post this to everyone, Me too on the saving a place. I should be there late Friday, hopefully before 7pm but I'm betting more like before 9pm, it always takes me longer to get out of town than I want.

Here's the drivers who have registered thus far. If you aren't registered, get off your dead a$$ and get it done already.

There's still time for me to swing a set of tires, but I have to show attendance! Please register now!

Vince Vaccaro - AZ Group!

Bill Pennock - NorCal Group!

Mikael Weitze -

Johnny Pag -

Jim Marks -

Bill Addy -

Thomas Spargo - SoCal Group

Mark Foley -

Timothy Comeau -

And Holy Crap! .......Vince is coming over again from the land of the weird-ass cactus! That's cool as hell.

We've got Bill Pennock coming down from NorCal in Bob Beck's old car, too! This was the first car I ever raced against at PIR in Feb 2003. I can remember us sliding side by side into turn 2. Great clean fun...........

not sure if I can make it (at least in the 944)

had to go out of town for work and never got a chance to get the car fixed. Waiting on a phone call now. If I hear from mechanic in the next couple hours and can pull off a run tomorrow then i would get there early saturday

If I do show up in might be in the 911.

Hope I can see you guys one way or another