Nationals Information and Registration

Tony G

• 3 weeks later...

Alright I'm in. Can't let you Texas guys have all the fun. Julie, are you towing or shipping your car?

Pat Stone

CMC #33

Hey Pat, glad you will be joining us! I'll be shipping my car with 7s only. That is just too good of a deal. I tried adding up gas and hotels and could not save any money towing myself. Not to mention all the time towing there and back (we are both busy running our own businesses).

• 1 month later...

Will the RM region represent.... ?

Or phrase that, "Will I be able to sell their SpecMiata and get a car built in time?"

The cat is out of the bag. I'm 90% sold on going CMC. I just need to decide on a year (94-98 Stang - does it matter?), 5.0 or 4.6, etc.

Hi Dave,

That is great news!

The 94-95 Mustang 5.0 are way stronger than any 96-98 4.6 (Dog Motors),so stay with the 94-95 or go 99 up Mustangs with the P.I head motors which are way better in HP...195Hp Vs 250HP

Tony Guaglione

Not sure of Tony's numbers but my stock 01 is running at 251 with a 56mm restrictor. 254 or 255 without it, can't remember. They make good power and my tq is 291. Pulleys and Bassani X with dumps.

See, you really do learn something every day. I never paid much attention to the new 2006 HP/TQ charts, so I didn't even realize you could run a 4.6 up to 250 RWHP.

Is there a refund policy if you can't make it to the Nationals? I'm 98% certain.

Also, anyone driving out from Cal? Maybe we can get us a

convoy......convoy....

How many of you are getting number conflict emails?

I received one recently that was addressed to another driver, after responding to said email with the correct email addressee 'CC'd, I was informed that my number was also in conflict!

Oh well.

I got one of those emails and had to inform the sender that "03" is not the same number as "3," so I'm OK.

BTW, I've got a bet going that there will be more CMC cars entered at the Nationals than AI cars. So far, I'm losing with 21 AI and only 10 CMC registered. By my count, we have over 60 CMC cars running nationally this season, which is probably almost double the AI field. It's time to step up and register. I need that 50 bucks!

Hey guys what looks better

rookie of the year?

or ranking in the Nationals?

Thanks I can either run nationals or the last 3 races and an enduro. Thanks

... I've got a bet going that there will be more CMC cars entered at the Nationals than AI cars. So far, I'm losing with 21 AI and only 10 CMC registered....

Where is this info listed? Can you post a link so we can watch over the next 2 months?

...what looks better

1. Rookie of the year?

2. Ranking in the Nationals?

3. Appearing on the cover of GRM

I would have to vote for the last option.

But if in your Rookie year, you placed well in the nationals, one might think that is worthy of "Rookie of the Year"

I WOULD NOT miss the first ever NASA Nationals ! Period.

Don't worry Matt. I would hope your bet doesn't have to be settled until the the cars are on grid.

I personally WILL be going, but won't be registering until late July / early August. Maybe the higher $$ AI competitors have more free cash available, but I don't see nay reason to give my $$ over to Nasa just until I have to.

We'll be strong.

totally OT: Brad, I just noticed your avatar. "speed" Nice!

I think that CMC should have a good showing as the class is growing quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Entry list has been updated by groups (we are group A) and sorted by car number in case anyone wants to know if their number is avail.

http://drivenasa.com/championships/entries.html

BTW, I've got a bet going that there will be more CMC cars entered at the Nationals than AI cars. So far, I'm losing with 21 AI and only 10 CMC registered. By my count, we have over 60 CMC cars running nationally this season, which is probably almost double the AI field. It's time to step up and register. I need that 50 bucks!

Looks like it's getting worse, 23 AI not including AIX or AIV.

It's a post I put up on the OH/IN section of nasaforums, but this is what not to do at Nationals!

"Well, for a first time at Mid-Ohio, I learned a lot. About 5 seconds worth. Thanks to everyone who helped put on the event, I had a smashing good time (hah) and hopefully will make it back later in the season.

Here's a few highlights:

First of all, always bring every spare you have. The trans quit wanting to shift during the second session. After a junkyard run, we finished the trans swap boogie about 10:30 Saturday night. A big thanks to the NX2000 HPDE driver who let me borrow a jack stand to hold up the motor, even though he was only volunteering the next day and not pitting by me anymore. Never caught your name, thanks again bud.

Second, new Victoracers stick waaay better then old ones.

Third, make sure that you keep the car on track. Turn 13 and me were fighting all weekend long and it ended up winning by decision from the tire wall.

For your enjoyment, some pics: Carnage shots

The car seems alright other then bent up sheet metal. Gonna start tearing her down and pounding it out tonight.

See ya at Autobahn!"

Me and the car are fine. She's a little wavy now, but flat black hides a lot

there doesnt seem to be much of your hood there. It just looks like a piece of sheet metal with body lines.

Glad you recovered from your off track experience.

Edited by Guest

there doesnt seem to be much of your hood there. It just looks like a piece of sheet metal with body lines.

Glad you recoevered from your off track experience.

It's fiberglass. Not CMC legal, but neither is the driver... yet

Are we running with AI and AIX in the Nationals????

In the same race group at the same time???

Will they grid us by laps times or start all CMC, AI and AIX cars together.

Will we get held up by more powerful AI cars that are slower in the corners???

Anyone know???