NASA Discount on Radios

Boudy1548534717

Hey Jules, what 's the reasoning that lead you to this package ( 5 watt) ?

best system for the tracks we run here in calie

mainly Thill and Infineon with the elevation changes ?

other factors ?

Hey Carson, After discussing our tracks (elevation changes and such) with Boudy, he thought the 5 watt would be a good idea.

That's the ugliest hijack of a thread I've ever witnessed!

Jeez. WTF?

jb

Agree. And it may explain why NASA has been such a pain to Boudy as he has pushed and prodded to get something - anything - going in terms of this safety gear. In any event, it's decided: no Sampson for me.

-chris

Sorry you feel that way - just wanted you guys to know that we also support NASA and have in turn offered up a very large contingency at this years Mid-Ohio event in appreciation of you the drivers. We will also be there for customer support and might even be running ourselves, if we can figure how to get the car trailered back

No disrespect to Boundy and what he is trying to offer w/ the SB idea. I personally think its a good idea, NASA uses a form of it at the 25 Hour Enduro with great success.

No disrespect to Boundy and what he is trying to offer w/ the SB idea

Then why not start a seperate thread instead of trying to steal thunder?

If your product is superior to Robert's it will sell on it's own merits. No need to tr and steal customers. And you would have certainly gotten more attention with a title all your very own.

And to top it all off, you registered here just to post in this thread.

What other motivation could you have other than to show a lack of respect for a competitor?

Thanks guys!

Shawn: What these guys are saying is that this thread was started to specifically offer them a special deal on the radio package that some of them helped test during the developement phase. Stepping in under those circumstances simply inplies poor business etiquette and a lack of respect. Intentional or not, that's how it came off. I understand your buisiness and the need to put out the good word. For this I respect your efforts, however, in this case the most productive approach would be to start a new thread to spread the word of your Nationals participation.

Best Regards,

Boudy

• 1 month later...

All NASA drivers... after being involved in the seven car cmc wreck at Thunderhill aug 13 ..I believe a official "safty broadcast " SB

MAY have helped some or all cars avoid contact ..the unfortunate spin

happened on the first lap ( field bunched up) in full view of the tower.

a quick radio message of "spin in T5" MIGHT have helped as there was NO time for the flager to respond...

Im not blamin anyone for anything ...it was a racin incident as far as IM concerned.. but I do believe it was a perfect example of how a SB most likely may have helped all concerned.

thank God no one was hurt . although seven damaged cars is a substantial cost to all and in some cases may have ended the season or worse... ended the sport for some..

I urge all NASA drivers/car owners to support a official SB for 2007 season ...carson cmc # 6

Carson,

I agree with you 100%.

I will talk with Jerry and see what kind of support we can get for all of us.

At the very least I am ready to put this together and start with the listen only set up and purchase an extra broadcast radio so someone can step up who is not racing and take command on situations like this.

I myself know that if someone had said something to me,I would have not been flying over the hill and then seeing a huge cluster of cars that I almost smacked into myself.

Tony Guaglione

I am also in full support of the safety broadcast and am working here in the Mid-Atlantic region to support Boudy in getting this program off the ground.

I personally have not had the close call that you all describe, but I can only imagine as most of the tracks we compete on here have blind areas where problems could occur. Knowing that there is trouble ahead increases all of our chances of coming home safely.

I am hoping to test Boudy's equipment at Mid-Ohio and promote it for 2007 on the east coast.

See everyone in a week !

• 2 weeks later...