Loren

Hello from Florida

Loren

Hi, I'm Loren. I'm part of a group of autocrossers in the Tampa area who are migrating from being a part of a local Miata club to being a part of NASA Florida.

Steve Nix is giving us the opportunity to start the Florida NASA-X program from scratch. Should be fun!

We'll be doing our first NASA sanctioned autocross in St. Petersburg on December 3rd. It will officially be the last event for the old club run under NASA insurance and rules. In January, we'll kick off our first season as "NASA-X Tampa".

We've found the NASA-X rules and classing info on the national website. We're wondering if there are any other resources available for things like insurance requirements and safety regs, that sort of thing. If nothing like that is available, we will write our own. We want to have a firm safety program, similar to what SCCA uses. (arguably, they do a lot of things "wrong", but that's one thing that they do that is very right)

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello.

Oh, if there are any mods or admins out there... our local club has a fairly active forum (more active than this one, anyway) that is rooted to the old club's website. (the old club isn't going away, we're just parting ways with them) Would it be possible to have a NASA-X Tampa sub-forum created here? We could just migrate into this forum, but a lot of our discussions are purely of local interest. Any thoughts on how to handle that?

boxy rocket

Hello.

And if we can get the facility, our 2nd event will be a mirro-khana style event. 2006 seems to be shaping up very nicely.

d_rasp

Howdy all! I'm a Tampa NASAX-er too.

MachWon

Congrats on the new club and NASA affilliation! We started a new club completely from scratch one year ago. Our partnership with NASA has

been awesome and very fruitful! We put on great events, have a NASA

rep at each one and have double or triple the number of competitors than the "other" club here in town.

The first year has a heck of a learning curve, but it's a ton of fun!

Good Luck!

Vitor

Congrats!

Keep up the hard work, it's very rewarding experience.

Vitor

WAFlowers
Oh, if there are any mods or admins out there... our local club has a fairly active forum (more active than this one, anyway) that is rooted to the old club's website. (the old club isn't going away, we're just parting ways with them) Would it be possible to have a NASA-X Tampa sub-forum created here? We could just migrate into this forum, but a lot of our discussions are purely of local interest. Any thoughts on how to handle that?

Loren, we'll just start posting here in NASA-X and NASA FL and swamp those forums. Looking at it, our old forum is as active as those two combined! Before you know it, they'll be begging us to please take it to our own NASA-X FL forum.

Loren

You're responding to a very old post, Bill. We've already decided to take over the NASA Florida forum.

Of course, if you're discussing issues that would be relevant to the larger NASA-X community (vs our local one), this would be the place.

WAFlowers

My bad! I saw the date as "07" and missed the fact that it was last month!

I guess I'm just 4 weeks out of step with the rest of our crowd.