2006 Arizona Season Schedule - Points Drop for 2006?

944-Spec#94

Looks like the 2006 is starting early.

Total of 7 weekend and 14 races (Not including Nationals)

December 17th & 18th Phoenix International Raceway....Races 1 & 2

Jan - None

Feb - None

March - 10th - 12th California Speedway.......................Races 3 & 4

April 1st & 2nd Firebird Raceway Main...........................Races 5 & 6

May 6th & 7th Phoenix International Raceway................Races 7 & 8

June - None

July - None

Aug - None

September 11th & 17th Nationals at Mid ohio

October 14th & 15th Phoenix International Raceway.......Races 9 & 10

November 11th & 12th Firebird Raceway Main................Races 11 & 12

December 9th & 10th Phoenix International Raceway......Races 13 & 14

Steve... Looks like the So-Cal boys want a 5 race drop system. That leave them with 13 points paying races next year.

What do you want to do for Az? Dropping 5 races is bit much for a 14 race season... Maybe a 2 race drop in Az for a total of 12 points paying races?

Or do 4 race drops consider one is out of state (So top 10 races count?)

Looks like we have a crossover to So-Cal for the March Cal Speedway.

Edited by Guest

The big question is who is planing on racing in AZ this next season.. Do we have any new drivers? Or is it going to be me and Vince again!.. Cause all I saw was allot of our guys at the SCCA Lic. Class last month!.. We are getting a little thin in 944 Spec.. Joe you have not been around much at all nor Steve our Class dir. Glen has been out due to Car problems .. Jon A and the Ashley Furniture guys are all but gone, and doing an event from here and there but nothing regular? I count us down to 2 to 3 regular drivers.

How do you propose we make this better.. Cause I am totaly spent on ideas!!!

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

One thing is for sure and having a schedule in place early is critical step to allowing folks to pick where they will race their cars.

Hi Joe,

I think the schedule looks pretty good- maybe NASA Az can do some cross over events...California Speedway is great and only 5 hours away!

We also have already been racing based on the power/weight classes quite a while ago-I not sure if the posts are still up on the local NASA site.......Those are for those who aren't interested in a national class or don't have anyone in their "spec class"--- cause everyone has a pwr/lbs class.

NASA will now have National Championships at Mid-Ohio for the national classes besides ax, rallyx, ect....

I think this is a great thing!

Paul

Sorry Joe, did not mean to offend you, but you have been absence all season aside for a I think one event!

Like everyone else I just want good competitive racing!! Once again how do we get there?

Jason

I'm for having the Fontana event in March as a 944spec inter-regional crossover event. We can try again next year to have a "Southwest Championship."

Maybe we can also try again to have a big gathering of 944's somewhere? We were talking about Vegas this November but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

So Points drop plans for 2006?

Count the best 12 races or the best 10 out of 14 total?

Remember 2 of races are from the Cal Speedway event.

Jason

It is true the AZ region has been a little slow this year. That is due to a couple of reasons. I know of at least 3 of us that have had car problems this year. My car was not running for most of the season as I blew a head gasket and it took me forever to get it back together. There were a couple of events this year that had only two drivers, however, our last event which you did not attend had 6 starters. In AZ the majority of racers (about 18 of them) have gone with SCCA for two reasons: first Joe Stubblefield provides great support and builds and repairs their cars (wish I could). Second, it's a critical mass concept - people want to go where everyone else goes. Because of past problems, most SCCA drivers have shied away from the NASA events but most of those issues are in the past. It has been difficult to convince the SCCA group to come over but I am working on that and we are making progress. I know Joe Palluch is gearing up for the 2006 season and my car is running fine (plus I now have a trailer and an RV!) so I know we will have at least 6 regulars for the season so I hope you will continue running with us.