AI Width Rule

RichardP

OK, i'm the last guy to take sides with Matt but I do have an opinion on data aq. For novices like me who have been racing for 2-3 years in the same AI car a $700 Traqmate seems like a logical purchase to give me some info and feedback on what I'm doing and what I may be doing wrong...... For other drivers this may be a waste of money, for me things weren't clicking so I needed some help......Repeating the same mistakes in the car lap after lap hasn't made me much progress.....

I agree 100% with these statements. That and I'm married to a tech geek means I'll get data acquisition for Christmas this year, I think. Jason gives me awesome car presents for Christmas.

And I promise we'll use it! Unlike the pyrometer gadget he "had to have" and has yet to jump a safety wall to use.

Christine

"Spectate THIS at Nationals!"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• King Matt

• racercosmo

• Jeff F

• b_tone

Oh, and to anticipate Mike Armstrongs comments - yes, I have raced against Guy and Keith, and they saw my tail lights. You might remember that VIR race, where the entire overall podium had nothing but Midwest and East Coast guys on it?

Scott, Guy and Keith seeing your taillights isn't a good thing. You were AIX and they were AI, shouldn't you have been speeding away? Of course the overall podium only had East and Midwest guys, no AIX guys showed up from anywhere else. But remember who was on the AI podium? The only two West coast guys that were there.

Hmm. Maybe Robin hasn't run against Guy, Keith, V-, MM, Ryan F. Ryan W. Kevin, Ross or Ernesto,.....that would put him somewhere around 10th.

Yep, your math makes perfect sense. Someone who finished 3rd at the runoffs in AS might be able to muster 10th in a west coast AI race if he got really lucky

The 3 events prior to nationals at the newly paved Mid Ohio will be a huge advantage for the OH/IN drivers!

Edited by Guest

Oh, and to anticipate Mike Armstrongs comments - yes, I have raced against Guy and Keith, and they saw my tail lights. You might remember that VIR race, where the entire overall podium had nothing but Midwest and East Coast guys on it?

Scott, Guy and Keith seeing your taillights isn't a good thing. You were AIX and they were AI, shouldn't you have been speeding away? Of course the overall podium only had East and Midwest guys, no AIX guys showed up from anywhere else. But remember who was on the AI podium? The only two West coast guys that were there.

To scotts credit he was roughly 4 seconds faster per lap that GC or KV......and those of you that know me know I hate to give scott credit!!

I'm amazed at your show of sportsmanship Tone. I wasn't there so I don't have the times. It just seemed like a Chris Rock moment there. "I take care of my kids" = "My AIX car was faster than the AI cars."

The 3 events prior to nationals at the newly paved Mid Ohio will be a huge advantage for the OH/IN drivers!

Given that if an AI West / Texas driver wins that will be quite an accomplishment.

Car setup for Mid Ohio isn't that tricky. I think we'll figure it out in the practice times available.

Given that if an AI West / Texas driver wins that will be quite an accomplishment.

Car setup for Mid Ohio isn't that tricky. I think we'll figure it out in the practice times available.

I hope that the "we" you are referring to consists of Bruce in AIX and Guy and Keith in AI.

It's time for those boys to come out and prove that the domination that once had was not a fluke.....

Brian, I'm sure they will be there, but I haven't worked for BG in 6 months, so "we" doesn't mean them. I do work some other AI racers now and again, "We" is me and them. One driver wants to be one in AIX and one in AI, but if I get my way, it will be two in AI.

Brian, I'm sure they will be there, but I haven't worked for BG in 6 months, so "we" doesn't mean them. I do work some other AI racers now and again, "We" is me and them. One driver wants to be one in AIX and one in AI, but if I get my way, it will be two in AI.

Is one orange and one blue?