Brady racing on TV show SETUP for $100,000

Pat Stone1548534713

After you see the final tonight you will want to throw a huge party for Brady. He will be at Infineon racing this weekend. Stop in the pits and buy him lunch or something. He needs the help after feeding me for a month, and none of his girlfriends can cook. He He. Food that is.

PS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pat Stone1548534713

• tacovini

• brady

• Lady in Nomex

Great job! Not only are you fast, but you're a gentleman. Very calm in your converstaion with Jr. after getting slammed by him. Much more so than most of us.

Good job Brady!!!!

Made us NorCal CMCers proud!!!!

I personally thought you'd won it, because of that new truck you were drivin' and that new CMC2 car.

I think there's a lesson here somewhere.

PS

Great job guys! Good call on the contact. You deserved to be put back in the car Brady. Quick responses Pat is probably what helped Brady get that 2nd chance. Great finish among a ton of great drivers.

What an awesome show and an awesome finale!

-=- Todd

Nice job Brady and congrats on a good showing.

That final race was done horrible though. I couldn't believe all the restarts and yellow flags thrown in for drama.

What I've learned:

1. Pontiac intercoolers have the structural integrity of Lara Flynn Boyle.

2. Season 3 contestants would be smart to bring spare intercoolers and/or a prefabricated piece of tubing for quick intercooler replacement during a race.

Congrats, Brady!

Mark

The real question is..what would have happened if Brady didn't get his car crashed out from under him? The way it looked on TV (even with that atrocious editing) was that Brady and Pat had the field covered. Awsome job anyway...but if it was in your own car? I think Pat's touch would have made the difference...having to jump into someone else's idea of a "perfect setup" must have had its limitations...verdad? great job guys...rp

We really appreciate all the support guys and gals. What you didn't see or hear at the end there was that the Skechers car had a boost problem like all the others and wouldn't go over five grand. We had a 100 hp car and still finished third. They made it look like we couldn't keep up and that it was a two man race, but that just wasn't the case. Brady had beaten both of those guys heads up. Chris Prey never got by him on the tight track and we let James go by one time because he was always over his head and it was just a matter of time before he shot off the track anyway. The intercoolers on those cars were 2 1/2 inches off the ground with the lower springs in the car, so any off track excursions and you were done. Jr. forgot where the brake pedal was so many times I lost count. He punted more cars than anyone on the show. He thought if he got his headlight in there that you should give it to him. He never did figure out what we were talking about when we called it the racing line. He just thought we left the door open. What you forget because they broke up the last race into two days, is that he hit two hay bales just trying to keep up with Brady, and then denied it both times. That's the only thing that kept him close, those crazy late braking full lock up stupid moves. He should have already been in the back and he never would have been able to take us out. Then he's talking that S*** like he could beat a championship roadracer with his cone skills. Give me a break. It's a good thing I didn't hear him say that. The good road racers in this show never punted anybody. They thought it was a three man race but Brady showed them how to play their own game and patiently rose to the top at the right time. We did have them covered, just got taken out by a stupid move from a rookie. It was a blast and we had a great time representing for CMC. Soooo close. Bummer. Good Job Brady, you are a true Champion, on and off the track, a class act.

Pat Stone

PS How did you like that Grand Theft Auto. hahahaha

To echo Pat's words...Thanks so much for the nice words..

We were exactly where we wanted to be...the entire time..

Just a few notes to help through the edititing...

The final race:

We led more laps than all other cars combined..Not sure if you picked up the edit, but at lap 16 we were still in the lead, and the race was 30 laps.

When you heard me talking to pat and say "talk to Sketchers" it was because I was telling Pat to stay be careful and lets us keep gapping the field...We were getting about about half a turn every lap..Pat was trying to tell his crew chief to drive together because it was going to be a long race...And then...full lock up into the door, ruining the top 2 cars chances..What you all missed is Pat's meltdown in the pits (it was AWESOME). I think they through away JRs driving suit as I think he shat is pants..

After I got in the Sketchers car, I had two very good laps, we were actually faster in a few sections, but then the motor would not go over 4700rpm, and we were done..

Not to take away from the other drivers..the competition could not have been better...There was a ton of talent there..We were not as fast as they were at the beginning of the show..We were definately there when it mattered.

How we played the game:

We told Tommy, Scott, John, etc that we would be there the final..They started to put a little pressure on us saying that we need to pass more, etc, and we stayed very focussed and calm. We never touched another car..We never put a tire off..Never had a stop and go...And many people went home because of crucial mistakes like that..

Pat even was concerned a bit as I kept telling the team to fly "under the radar". He thought we needed to be noticed a bit more...And one night driving back from Willow, I said to him...We will be in the lead the final race by the 2nd lap..I SWEAR TO GOD.. I was close..It was lap 1.

In a compressed format, it does show that you need to stick to a plan, and give your self a chance to win...And that is what we did..No drama, not controversy...So much so, that after lap ten in the final race, I guess the producer was asking if we they have enough interview time of us...Pretty funny..

But again, I just drove the car. Pat is absolutely the man..We lived with each other for a full month, and I learned a ton not only how to put a race strategy together, but about family, history, business etc. We competed like Motha F*ckers, and we were there..and he was in it just as much as I was.

Teaming is as important as racing as a good motor, good tires, and a good driver..

Thanks again

b

• Members

I havent been reading this thread because I was behind in shows and didnt want it spoiled...but now that I'm caught up...

You two guys fucking RULE. I couldnt believe it when I saw you in the lead, like out of nowhere. Awesome awesome strategy and execution. Damn shame you got taken out and had to drive a wrecked car...but that is still part of racing, nothing to be sorry about since it wasnt anything you guys could've helped.

Overall I still think the show mostly stank, but it had seriously cool parts and it was a real treat to see you guys doing your thing on TV.

I totally didnt realize that some CMC guys were in the SETUP episode. I finally saw the finally last night and thought it was great. The 4 wide standing start with 4 or 5 laps left for 100 grrrr was pretty cool. Like others have already said, those intercoolers dont hold up for nothin', there were like 2 or 3 or 4 that had to throw in the towl for that very reason.

Now that I know some fellow CMCers are in the episodes I'll have to go back and watch again.

The show really gets the heart pumpin'. I was constantly watching the various driving styles, rules of engagement for passing on the inside (without getting rolled 10 times ), etc.

What a great show, cant wait for next season.

Congrats!

The 4 wide standing start with 4 or 5 laps left for 100 grrrr was pretty cool!

Brady...I gotta ask. Why did you Landrum the start? Dude that was like a 1.8 sec. reaction time. Tire spin or in the middle of a big yawn?

-=- Todd

PS- This is the best quality television programming/cinematography right now, bar none. Better than "Lost" or "Dancing with the Stars" or anything else that's at the top of the charts. Al...you don't know "Art" when you see it.

BF lost power later in the race, wouldn't rev. I guess less power = slower starts (as opposed to MO).

And this is the best TV for Tivo. Watching real time can be painful!

Hats off to Brady and Pat, I ran up front with Brady a few times and he out did me at sears point to his first win in cmc, I said man this guy is fast for just starten out with us. Pat is a class act too, one of the cleanest drivers out there and fast, pat you sounded like a real pro as crew cheif, better than any of those other guys. Im proud to be racing with both you guys.

Mike D

the start...OUCH!!!!No power AND, it was announced over the radio, and no flag..I was looking for the flag..Our radio was not open then...PISSED us off!!!!It wouldn't have made a difference, even if I got the start, they could have driven around me even if I was trying to block like a motha..juice was gone..