Racerboy

Hans or no Hans for 2006??????

Racerboy

Just wondering if I need to go to the bank and ask for a loan to buy a new Hans for next year. I am trying to get all gear in place so maybe I can ask SANTA CLAUS to hook me up.

Aaron Quine

OH/IN Region #121

1987 Corvette

Black Horse

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6374&start=0

Basically (if I understand it correctly) H&N restraint will not be REQUIRED for the beginning of 2006 but may be added sometime during or in time for the next season. Hans is not the only device that will be legal. I personally recommend that a H&N restraint system is used, whether it is in the rules or not!

Markus

Toward the end of the year I went to an Isaac Link for Time Trials and am very happy with it. If I was in a wheel to wheel race group I would look at the better Isaac system or HANS.

- Mark

Black Horse

If I was needing a restraint and was to purchase one right now, I would be certain to purchase one that would be approved (SFI rated).

I currently use the Wright Device - while this device may have passed SFI testing, alas it will never have the opportunity to be tested. When the rule is made I will be purchasing a Hans, my neck is worth the cost!

944-Spec#94

I just purchased a HANS..

... It is still in shipping right now.

Anyway I really liked the ISAAC (personally my only other option), but lack of SFI approval sent me to a HANS.

Too bad as I really believe the ISAAC is the best device out there.

Racerboy

Would you be able to tell me more info with part#,price and where a good place is to buy one?

Thanks for your help.

Aaron

944-Spec#94
Would you be able to tell me more info with part#,price and where a good place is to buy one?

Thanks for your help.

Aaron

Well HANS has all the prices pretty much fixed at $865 for the economy model.

I got mine from OG racing. They are in Virginia I am in Arizona.

One reason I when there was I had a good experience with them in the past plus free shipping and no sales tax. Really sales tax when add in a SA2005 helmet got to be like $100 if I went local.

Now as for which one... well economy is good enough. Pro is just a tad lighter, but no "safer". I got the model 20 medium. Model 20 is good for sports car seats I have been told and the Medium is for my neck size.

Anyshop should able to help you get the right size.

It is pretty simple. HANS does make you sign a release form. So basicly if something bad happens you can't sue them.

PS... I got one of ther HANS + Helmet bags. I figured I spent this much on HANS no need to bang it up. I need this sucker to last for years.

Racerboy

Joe,

Thanks for the info. You are a big help and that is why I like this group so much.

Dean#4AI

You might want to give these guys a call too. They are close to you and have sponsored some of the OH/IN events. I always try to support our sponsors.

I bought a few things from them and always had great service.

http://www.apexperformance.net/

mansier

Great idea Dean! Apex Performance does a lot of work in the racing safety area, and even did a seminar at our BeaveRun event on the HANS device. They can get you ready for 2006 and beyond!

LM