Computer tuning in CMC

snakebit

I would love to see a post where you saw that the E cam was legal in CMC??

I have never heard about a E cam being legal by any director or driver.

Now maybe you are talking about CMC2 test mules for 2009, and that someone will be testing cams?

Tony Guaglione

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitchntx1548534714

• Glenn

• TurboShortBus

• Al F.

Now maybe you are talking about CMC2 test mules for 2009, and that someone will be testing cams?

Tony Guaglione

i've heard for months about E cams being allowed. it would never happen here in TX.

Tony Guaglione

i've heard for months about E cams being allowed. it would never happen here in TX.

I approved two CMC-2 rookies to put them in at their rebuild. One won't be on track until the next event, and the other is now out there and he is below the number. At every event here in the Mid-Atlantic we have discussions about the use of the E-cam as a way to help get to thenumber when CMC cars move up to CMC-2 next year. Through those discussions it was decided to test a couple of cars before and after so we would have first hand data from cars that we are very familiar with.

As far as an across the board allowance for it out here, that's simply not the case. Unfortunately, since I don't hide the allowances I make, or hide any testing I ask people to do, when others from outside the region hear about them, the wrong thing is assumed. It's par for the course, and I understand that folks will assume the worst.

Dyno results will follow in December after the rest of my testing is done.

Kent

there is no mention in the rules of allowing an E-cam in any CMC car in the rules. the CMC rules is a list of things you CAN do. if its not in there, you cant do it. period.
You guys are just too easy to mess with... I know E-cams aren't in the rules.
Does an E-cam give a significant advantage over a Cobra cam? If you are under the HP/TQ limits' date=' why does it matter?[/quote']Nobody has clearly answered these two questions. The answer simply comes down to: is this a spec series or is it a low cost fair competition series? It can't be both if everybody is going to constantly bicker over little variations in the rules regarding specific cars/parts.

Instead of thinking of reasons why you should allow programming for 3rd gens and S197s, why not think of a generic and easily enforceable rule that applies evenly to everybody. Either make programming open or leave it closed. As soon as you open it part way you invite more arguments, cheating, accusations of cheating, and accusations of unfair rules enforcement. All I had to do was mention an E-cam (an illegal easily identifiable mod which closely resembles a legal and more expensive Cobra cam) and everybody jumps on me. What do you think will happen when you try to write a rule that says 3rd gens can rewrite X, 4th Gens Y, and S197s Z? ...or you can rewrite parameters A, B, and C, but not D, E, and F?