DriverGT5

NASA-SE / CSCC AutoX Nov 26th

DriverGT5

NASA-SE and the Clemson Sports Car Club have teamed up to put on this event.

Cost will be $20 and NASA members will recieve a free T-shirt.

At the CSCC we use the NASA-TT rules to asses points, however we do not asses aero penalties under normal circumstances. We do reserve the right to change our minds on a case-by-case basis. If you show up with a 37' wing, you may get some points.

From I-85, take exit 19b Clemson. You will see a tank (treads, guns, war, that kinda tank) on the right, located at the Armory. Take a left onto Perimeter Rd., just before the overpass. If you go under the overpass, you will have to turn around.

Follow Perimeter Rd until you get to the football stadium. You cannot miss the lot. Please bring your car to the lower lot for tech, or park on the hill for spectators or to unload your equipment.

Also, if you're planning on attending, please let us know so we can anticipate the additional attendance.

kbrew8991

just to help clarify Rob's directions, you will be driving on Hwy76 (what exit 19 puts you on) for quite a few miles before you come to the Armory. Id estimate a good 10-12 minutes

also at the intersection of Hwy 76 and Perimiter Rd. besides the military tank are some fairly large orange & blue signs for football parking, and a sign for the SC Botanical Gardens. Its a T intersection with a stoplight.

If all else fails and you're lost, just ask for directions to the football stadium. We'll be right behind it, near the new construction

Jim P.

I can't wait! I hope to have 2 cars there...(and a go kart!)

DriverGT5

I'm looking forward to "testing" one of them out.

This event is looking like it will be a ton of fun. We've managed 5-6 runs at the last events, and we finished early. I could see us getting over 6 runs depending on the number of drivers and the course.

kbrew8991

- Registration runs from 8:30-9:30, Late Fee ($10) after 10:00

- First Car is usually off by 11:00, and we run until at least 5:00pm

- Expect at least 5 runs, and if turnout is a little light and/or the course ends up being shorter than planned, that may quickly turn into a great deal more

Which cars are you bringing Jim?

link to an online TT classing form here

Jim P.

Right now the only one 'running' is the Go-Kart - but I hope to have either the ZX2 or the Lotus - but don't hold your breath on the lotus, the suspension is done all I have to do is...seats, belts, wiring, dash, fuel line, fuel cell straps, alignment...

ZoomZoom8

Right now the only one 'running' is the Go-Kart - but I hope to have either the ZX2 or the Lotus - but don't hold your breath on the lotus, the suspension is done all I have to do is...seats, belts, wiring, dash, fuel line, fuel cell straps, alignment...

I understand that Rob has a crew that can get all that done for you in one night. They prefer to do it the night and during the wee hours before the event. Just make sure to check those lug nuts......

Jim P.

I have heard about Rob's "Midnight Marauders" - but I thought they only worked on Mazda's

kbrew8991
I have heard about Rob's "Midnight Marauders" - but I thought they only worked on Mazda's

the car is half Ford ya know

if you have the British part all figured out....

lug nuts, who needs lug nuts??

hrk

What is the address of the site for us who haven't gone over the bridge, through the woods to grandma's house.

Trying to figure whether to take Seven for a sunday trip.

hrk

kbrew8991

26th is a Saturday

I've been trying to find an address for the Stadium... best I can do is the SC Botanical Gardens below:

The South Carolina Botanical Garden

102 Garden Trail

Clemson, SC 29634-0174

directions to there will get you on Perimiter Road and headed in the right direction if you're coming from I-85. Just keep going, it'll be on your right

or if this address is complete enough (its the Police Dept. which is adjacent to the lot we'll be in)

Centennial Boulevard

Clemson, SC 29634

Phone: (864) 656-2222

let us know if neither of those work for you... we'll keep digging

kbrew8991

results are up, 3hrs and 27 min after the end of the event

click here

Jim P.
results are up, 3hrs and 27 min after the end of the event

click here

I am impressed, I was totally impressed by the whole event! The whole CSCC crew did an awesome job! Keep up the good work!

DriverGT5

Other than Jim, you guys got slack on us! Where was everyone? I'm telling you, you haven't lived until you're piloted an AIX car around a parking lot at speed.....

Seriously though, a HUGE thanks to Jim and NASA-SE for loaning us their equipment. We're finally able to run multiple cars and it's nice to get 6 runs no matter how many people show up, and still have time for fun runs at the end. Hopefully next semester a few more NASA-ites will attend.